PDA

View Full Version : is Paradise still a good bet?

Magikist
08-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Been playing profitably at Paradise for a couple of years now at limits below $3/6. Recently moved up tp $5/10 and finding it much more difficult.
I've always heard that Paradise is the toughest internet game in town, tougher than B&M games. But I've considered its good reputation, great service, and reliablity a significant advantage over the more questionable, newer sights with all their gimmicks. Plus, I was winning, so why change?
Now that the competition seems so much stiffer, and my profits are suffering, I'm beginning to question my loyalty.
Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? Is Paradise too tough to beat at the higher limits? Any recommendations for other sites? Thanks!

eMarkM
08-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I was like you, a PP loyalist. But I haven't played there regularly in a few months. It's not so much that PP is so tough to beat, it's just that Party is sooo easy to beat. I keep accounts and money in PP, Party and Stars and look for the best games between those sites. Mostly, the best ring games are at Party.

Magikist
08-06-2003, 02:45 PM
eMarkM,

why is Party sooo easy to beat?
I attributed the toughness of Paradise's games to the fact that it was THE largest on-line site, attracting a lot of the better players. However, from threads just recently posted I've found out that Party has a larger market share. Why are all the good players at Paradise and the fish at Party? Shouldn't good players have flooded into Party now, ruining the ease with which those games are beat?

asdf1234
08-06-2003, 03:08 PM
It's not that there aren't good players at Party, there are. And probably more than at Paradise (simply because Party has so many more players), but the ratio of fish to good players at Party is considerably higher. You could attribute this to a number of things, not the least of which is their advertising during the WPT, which has caused a huge influx of new players (for the most part very bad new players).

eMarkM
08-06-2003, 03:20 PM
What asdf said. While it's subsided a bit in recent weeks, it's been raining fish at Party. Their ads on WPT brought in a whole crop of newbies who have no idea what Paradise is. Personally, I can't stand Party's software compared to PP or Stars, and this new influx of players is crashing their servers constantly, but I wouldn't play ring games anywhere else right now. Sharks are moving there to be sure, but there's just sooo many games at Party now, you'll always find the one with players calling raises cold with any suited.

I'm still shocked that Paradise hasn't upped the ante so to speak and responded with their own ad blitz. I was expecting to see something during WSOP broadcasts.

Nottom
08-06-2003, 04:09 PM
ESPN apparently doesn't allow advertisments for Gambling (they are owned by Disney afterall) so thats why you aren't seeing any ads during the WSOP. I am a bit surprised they haven't shown anything during the WPT though, both UB and Stars have commercials now as well. I wonder if the fact that Paradise is the only one of the big sites that doesn't offer any multi-table tourneys is a factor, since they wouldn't be able to offer the type of poker they are advertising during (I doubt it, but I do wonder why they don't have any Paradise tourneys?).