PDA

View Full Version : july is bonus recruitment month!

07-11-2002, 08:52 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/77661_potkid08.shtml

Trever Palmer, 17, says he felt nervous and slightly heroic the night he picked up the phone, dialed 911 and informed the King County Sheriff's Office that his father was growing marijuana.

what modesty. service of the state is the highest ideal

He's "found out who my friends really are" while trying to avoid Kentwood High School classmates who scorned him, calling him "a weasel" and names much worse than that.

these security risks need to be picked up

Palmer made the 911 call largely because of a lesson he learned in a Junior ROTC ethics course: "Stand up for what you believe in, don't follow the crowd and be your own person."

He still thinks he did the right thing.

"I felt like I was saving my sister and brother from this guy," he said. "You can only put up with so much."

we must defend our state against undesirables, no matter the cost.

The night her father was taken away, "she really didn't speak much to me," Palmer said. "She was crying and trying to get her stuff together."

this is when she is packing to be taken into custody by CPS, heroic agents of the state trying to save our children

Palmer said his 7-year-old brother didn't know what was going on.

obviously a great need for homeland security youth.

Palmer, who is spending part of the summer with his grandparents in Pennsylvania, plans to live with his best friend's family until he graduates and joins the Air Force.

an ideal candidate for homeland security

The boy said many of his relatives can't comprehend his motives for calling police.

"It sucks," Palmer said last night. "I was really hoping that they would understand. It's kind of like that hole in (me) that needs to be filled."

simply a heroes modesty, from a heroic leader

He has tried to explain himself to his father's parents, who "kind of understand, but they are upset."

obviously these scum are afraid that such a hero as this will make them look bad. (or perhaps find out ...)

When he called police, he said, he wasn't considering what would happen to his family. "I kind of figured that would fall into place."

the state would take care of it. the state would know better.

What went through his mind?

"I thought: no guts, no glory," he said.

a hero unafraid to make sacrifices for the glory of the state

He thought marijuana growing was taking over his father's life. Instead of spending time doing things with the family, his father tended to his plants -- moving the pots around and watering. He said that on two occasions, people visited the house on account of the marijuana.

tough love, like when the undesirables were permitted to live in ghettos

Living around drugs is "the part that no kid should have to go through, and I didn't want (my younger brother) to go through it."

living around undesirables is something nobody should have to do. the higher values of the homeland must be observed.

The "stand-up" message from his ROTC course echoed in his head.

"That set it straight, why I should do it," Palmer said. "For one thing, it's illegal."

the highest value is the state, its preservation, and its obeyance.

now, however, we look to the future. a new world order. a fourth chance at greatness. if we have the courage. if we have the greatness.

remember, july is bonus recruitment month!