PDA

View Full Version : Open Internet Challenge - Day 6 - Challengers post results HERE

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 01:50 AM
This is for August 6th...post as often as you want under this thread (I recommend when you post your results, you reply to this parent thread and not someone else's. And then, if you make a post at 2pm and 9pm, you can just reply to your first reply and keep them layered.

A point I made at the end of the last thread should be repeated...I mentioned we should be playing more like a tournament and less like a ring game, and JayCo said it better then I, so I'll quote him

[ QUOTE ]
Jayco wrote

Good point - we are basically playing 8 consecutive no-rebuy tourneys ($0.50-$1 thru $20-$40), and starting each with 40 BBs. Lose 1, play all 8 again. I'm going to try to remember that if I go up further- after a beat or two, my swings tend to get bigger so I'll have to try to cool it.

Given that the blinds do not escalate (and how painful it must be for Dark Knight to win 5 in a row but lose tourney #6 and have to start over - sorry, man-o ), there's an even greater than normal incentive to lower variance at the expense of EV in order to have a legit shot at hitting $2k.

[/ QUOTE ]

and to start things, I will post my results under this...(although it's really more for the last 2 hrs then the day 6, but I'm going to give you some info in there on what I'm going to do day 6)

play on, boyos..

RB

dux
08-06-2003, 02:03 AM
I usually don't tilt much, but I did yesterday. I think I was tired. At least I only did it in $1/$2 - I blew my stack which has been hovering around $100 to below $50, becuase I took a few minor beats made worse from some bad play. I realised I was tired, and stopped. Back in action today with just over $50. Gonna be a long climb.

rusty JEDI
08-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Whiskeytown....I was out of town for the weekend which in most of Canada is a long weekend. So i'm getting a late start on things, but the drop in limits to .5/1 is killing me and i cant wait to get up. So my question is am i allowed to split my roll into two $20 pieces and play two tables at once or is this against the rules.

Edit note: When i say it is killing me i dont mean im getting killed i just mean it does not offer enough to keep my mind occupied.

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 02:27 AM
To summarize...I have broken $1200 - I am at $1208 and about to go to 15/30 here in a couple days. I will be STUCK at 15/30 because Partypoker doesn't stock 20/40 tables, but to be honest, at this point, when the average pot is $200, you're really talking almost the same amount of wins...maybe a slightly better caliber of player would play a 20/40 game, but I doubt it...these guys SUCK!!! - /images/graemlins/grin.gif - Actually, with 2 10/20 tables and 12 15/30 tables, I'm thinking a lot of the better players would just take the highest limit anyways...that means I'll just be playing slightly tougher players in my 15/30 first half, and about as tough as everyone else's in the 15/30 second half where they'd be playing 20/40

Now...for a summary of my plans for Wed....I plan to play NO poker today unless it's a fun little side tourney. To be totally and brutally honest...the reason comes down to this...

I'm scared. These are the highest limits I've ever played, and all that crap in HEFAP that I don't read much because it doesn't apply to my LL games, well, it's gonna apply. SO, I'm going back and rereading Theory of Poker and HEFAP before continuing on in a day or two with the OIC - In a sense, since this is my last limit (with an $800 sprint to the $2000 finish) - I need to feel more mentally prepared for it then I currently do. And this whole time, I keep a card of S&M's hand rankings nearby. 90% of the time, I know what to do, but I just like to doublecheck as I don't have the card memorized to every last group.

Ok...here's some hand summaries in case yer bored...at 9:40pm, I rejoined a 10/20 table. (there were only 2 on Party, and I left one a half hr before because everyone suddenly sat out..)-

I had been on a previous table for the start, and dropped $300 - I'd have kept playing, cause these guys were BAD...(lost twice to runner/runner...I owned most of the hands after the flop) - But suddenly, everyone sat out till I got so pissed I left and came here. I’ve changed the names to protect identies (and fish) – although if you REALLY have to know who someone is, I suppose a recall of the hand history will suffice.

I’m including important hands…not many little ones and nothing like J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif where I'm clearly gonna muck. – I didn’t make any serious screwups this time, so not many big losses – not a lot of crying calls on the river. mucked a lot of little blinds and crap. - Also, if you see someone calls a bet but don't see what he did the next two rounds, he folded...I just deleted it to make it quicker and more readable. -

I also made damn sure I watched my tilt factor, and in fact, got up from the game twice for a bit to do other things like laundry or took a hand off. - and should I have gotten knocked down to $240, I'd have PROBABLY gone back to 3-6 unless I was sure I was playing right and my opponents were just getting suckout crazy.

And notice it really comes down to about 9 hands out of 90 - that brought me from $413 to $1200- Every hand I go to the river and lost cost me about $100, and vice versa, every one I go to the river on and win was about $100 - strong incentive here to get out when the flop misses ya and leave the A/rag offsuits for another day.

and I played a bit passive for me...because again, I'm sacrificing EV for variance - Variance is definately my enemy in this thingy...

One last dumb note before I start...I didn't realize till compiling this how many new players had come in...Looks like 5 players rotated in by the end - that's the problem with no icons..

Here we go - this one is the one I start the table with - and it sucked ass -
================================================== ==========

Hand 1

***** Hand History for Game 127110676 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 22:40:01 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is Thebutton
Player G post small blind (5)
whiskeytown post big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player H calls (10)
Player F raises (20) to 20
whiskeytown calls (10)
Player H calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
whiskeytown checks.
Player H bets: (10)
Player F raises (20) to 20
whiskeytown calls (20)
Player H raises (20) to 30
Player F calls (10)
whiskeytown raises (20) to 40
Player H calls (10)
Player F calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
whiskeytown checks.
Player H bets: (20)
Player F calls (20)
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
whiskeytown checks.
Player F calls (20)
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $302 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Player F balance $308, lost $100 [ K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ a pair of kings -- A/images/graemlins/club.gif,K/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $424, lost $100 [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ Three of a kind, nines -- A/images/graemlins/club.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Player H balance $591, bet $100, collected $302, net +$202 [ 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ a flush, ten high -- T/images/graemlins/spade.gif,9/images/graemlins/spade.gif,6/images/graemlins/spade.gif,5/images/graemlins/spade.gif,3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

================================================== =========

Hand 4 – This was sweet cause it was to the same guy I lost hand 1 with. - Heh heh...

***** Hand History for Game 127115290 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 22:43:51 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is Thebutton
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Player A ( $2113)
Seat 2: Player B ( $500)
Seat 3: Player C ( $496)
Seat 4: Player D ( $522)
Seat 5: Player E ( $799)
Seat 6: Player F ( $160)
Seat 7: Player G ( $475)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $419)
Seat 9: Player H ( $551)
Seat 10: Player J ( $1358)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player F calls (10)
whiskeytown raises (20) to 20
Player H calls (20)
Player F calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player F checks.
whiskeytown bets: (10)
Player H calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
whiskeytown bets: (20)
Player H raises (40) to 40
whiskeytown raises (40) to 60
Player H calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player H calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $252 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $561, bet $110, collected $252, net +$142 [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ a full house, Tens full of twos -- T/images/graemlins/club.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player H balance $441, lost $110 [ Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ two pairs, queens and twos -- Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,Q/images/graemlins/club.gif,J/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/club.gif ]

Hand 9

***** Hand History for Game 127124634 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 22:51:38 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is Thebutton
Seat 1: Player A ( $1988)
Seat 2: Player B ( $470)
Seat 3: Player C ( $543)
Seat 4: Player D ( $472)
Seat 5: Player E ( $704)
Seat 6: Player K ( $319)
Seat 7: Player G ( $986)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $551)
Seat 9: Player H ( $309)
Seat 10: Player J ( $1358)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player A raises (20) to 20
whiskeytown calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
whiskeytown checks.
Player A checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player A raises (40) to 40
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player A calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $162 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player A balance $1908, lost $80 [ A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ two pairs, fours and twos -- A/images/graemlins/spade.gif,4/images/graemlins/spade.gif,4/images/graemlins/heart.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif,2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player K balance $319, sits out
Player G balance $981, lost $5 (folded)
whiskeytown balance $633, bet $80, collected $162, net +$82 [ A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ a flush, A/images/graemlins/club.gife high -- A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player H balance $309, didn't bet (folded)

Hand 19

***** Hand History for Game 127136991 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 23:01:50 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 8 is Thebutton
Seat 1: Player A ( $2065)
Seat 2: Player B ( $517)
Seat 3: Player C ( $458)
Seat 4: Player D ( $407)
Seat 5: Player E ( $609)
Seat 6: Player K ( $309)
Seat 7: Player G ( $936)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $602)
Seat 9: Player H ( $234)
Seat 10: Player L ( $687)
Player H post small blind (5)
Player L post big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player A calls (10)
Player D calls (10)
Player E calls (10)
Player K raises (20) to 20

whiskeytown calls (20)
Player H calls (15)
Player A calls (10)
Player D calls (10)
Player E calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player H bets: (10)
whiskeytown calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player H checks.
whiskeytown checks.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $187 | Rake: $3
Board: [ A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $739, bet $50, collected $187, net +$137 [ Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ a pair of queens with king kicker -- A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K/images/graemlins/club.gif,Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif,Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif(kicker card) ]
Player H balance $184, lost $50 [ Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ a pair of queens -- A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,Q/images/graemlins/club.gif,Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/club.gif,8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

Hands 33/34 –

Two PP’s - 99 and JJ both around MP – both times, I was the first one raising, and all muck to me - easiest $70 earned.

Hand 36 – Just got tired of blind steals and tried a cute little trick

***** Hand History for Game 127174428 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 23:34:24 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is Thebutton
Seat 1: Player A ( $1964)
Seat 2: Player B ( $511)
Seat 3: Player C ( $330)
Seat 4: Player D ( $272)
Seat 5: Player E ( $675)
Seat 6: Player M ( $200)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1052)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $734)
Seat 9: Player O ( $557)
Seat 10: Player L ( $801)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player E raises (20) to 20
whiskeytown calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player E folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $53 | Rake: $2
Board: [ 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player E balance $655, lost $20 (folded)
whiskeytown balance $757, bet $30, collected $53, net +$23

Hand 47 – tough laydown – but couldn’t go 3 bets cold prelfop with AJs - Relevant because it would have cost me a ton of money had I played it like I wanted to...

(2 pair Q’s and 8’s took it down)

Hand 52 - I missed bets on this one after the reraise...just too scared - my experiences on the other table earlier in the day (with many a runner/runner) kept me from being TOO aggressive with just one pair.

***** Hand History for Game 127198235 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Tue Aug 05 23:52:53 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 4 is Thebutton
Seat 1: Player A ( $1932)
Seat 2: Player B ( $548)
Seat 3: Player C ( $322)
Seat 4: Player D ( $182)
Seat 5: Player E ( $704)
Seat 6: Player M ( $162)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1146)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $742)
Seat 9: Player O ( $544)
Seat 10: Player L ( $776)
Player E post small blind (5)
Player M post big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player G folds.
Player O calls (20)
Player E calls (15)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player E checks.
Player O raises (20) to 20
Player E folds.
whiskeytown calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
(both check)
** Dealing River ** : [ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
(both check)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $107 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $809, bet $40, collected $107, net +$67 [ J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ a pair of jacks ] -- J/images/graemlins/spade.gif,J/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/spade.gif,7/images/graemlins/club.gif,6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player O balance $504, lost $40 [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ high card Ace -- A/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K/images/graemlins/spade.gif,T/images/graemlins/spade.gif,7/images/graemlins/club.gif,6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

Hand 59 – This was the turning of the tide for me…all smooth sailing from here.

***** Hand History for Game 127215922 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Aug 06 00:07:09 EDT 2003
Table Walk in The Park (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is Thebutton
Seat 1: Player A ( $1684)
Seat 2: Player B ( $403)
Seat 3: Player C ( $713)
Seat 4: Player D ( $277)
Seat 5: Player E ( $609)
Seat 6: Player M ( $214)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1128)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $832)
Seat 9: Player O ( $559)
Seat 10: Player L ( $808)
Player B post small blind (5)
Player C post big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player E calls (10)
Player G calls (10)
whiskeytown calls (10)
Player L calls (10)
Player C checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player C bets: (10)
Player E calls (10)
Player G folds.
whiskeytown calls (10)
Player L calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player C checks.
Player E bets: (20)
whiskeytown calls (20)
Player C calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player C checks.
Player E checks.
Player E calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $192 | Rake: $3
Board: [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

Player E balance $549, lost $60 [ K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ two pairs, Jacks and tens -- K/images/graemlins/club.gif,J/images/graemlins/club.gif,J/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $964, bet $60, collected $192, net +$132 [ 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ a full house, Nines full of jacks ] -- J/images/graemlins/club.gif,J/images/graemlins/heart.gif,9/images/graemlins/heart.gif,9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

Hands 66 and 67….yowzers - (for some serious entertainment, read my blog http://whiskeytown.blogspot.com - I was making the entry as I won these two hands...)

Hand 66 was AK - I bet on the flop and everyone bailed

Hand 67 - This is as close as I could get to in 3 days where I had the stone cold nuts on the river (not counting nut flushes which are never very profitible when the 3 card to your suit comes)

and even then...J8 coulda kicked my ass...brrrr...

***** Hand History for Game 127225560 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Aug 06 00:14:37 EDT 2003
Seat 1: Player A ( $1629)
Seat 2: Player B ( $515)
Seat 3: Player C ( $638)
Seat 4: Player D ( $237)
Seat 5: Player E ( $613)
Seat 6: Player M ( $149)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1083)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $982)
Seat 9: Player O ( $606)
Seat 10: Player L ( $758)
Player L post small blind (5)
Player A post big blind (10)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player O calls (20)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player O calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player O calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Player O raises (40) to 40
whiskeytown raises (40) to 60
Player O calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $232 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $1104, bet $110, collected $232, net +$122 [ 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ a straight, six to ten -- T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,8/images/graemlins/spade.gif,7/images/graemlins/club.gif,6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player O balance $496, lost $110 [ 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ two pairs, sevens and sixes -- A/images/graemlins/spade.gif,7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,7/images/graemlins/club.gif,6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Player L balance $753, lost $5 (folded)

Hand 76 – JJ was VERY good to me this session for some reason - almost always paid off...

***** Hand History for Game 127235626 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Aug 06 00:22:37 EDT 2003
Seat 1: Player A ( $1830)
Seat 2: Player P ( $490)
Seat 3: Player C ( $616)
Seat 4: Player D ( $187)
Seat 5: Player E ( $597)
Seat 6: Player M ( $84)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1033)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $1089)
Seat 9: Player O ( $496)
Seat 10: Player L ( $757)
Player L: gfyerself
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Player A calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Player A checks.
Player A calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player A checks.
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player A bets: (20)
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $182 | Rake: $3
Board: [ T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player A balance $1740, lost $90 [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ a pair of tens -- T/images/graemlins/club.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,5/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $1181, bet $90, collected $182, net +$92 [ J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ a pair of Jacks -- J/images/graemlins/club.gif,J/images/graemlins/spade.gif,T/images/graemlins/heart.gif,8/images/graemlins/club.gif,7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

Hand 86 – semi bluff – was getting ready to wrap this up – a bet on the flop that no one calls puts me over the 1200 mark.

***** Hand History for Game 127245609 *****
10/20 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Aug 06 00:30:23 EDT 2003
Seat 1: Player A ( $1890)
Seat 2: Player P ( $619)
Seat 3: Player C ( $563)
Seat 4: Player D ( $134)
Seat 5: Player E ( $492)
Seat 6: Player M ( $84)
Seat 7: Player G ( $1018)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $1146)
Seat 9: Player O ( $471)
Seat 10: Player L ( $742)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Player A: gh
Player G calls (10)
Player O calls (20)
Player A calls (10)
Player G calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Player A checks.
Player G checks.
Player O folds.
Player A folds.
Player G folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $92 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $1208, bet $30, collected $92, net +$62

fini...

RB

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 02:29 AM
Our reasoning was, if you keep it at two tables...no problemo...it's not like you're making it easier dividing your attention...and I wouldn't do it at high limits, but hell yeah..for the .5/$1.00 part - absolutlo..

the .50/$1.00 has been the hardest limit for me....you can't bet anyone off of anything EVER - so basically you have the highest variance and lowest bluff rate of any...you must hit a hand and show it down virtually every time.

GL.....50/1.00 will drive you nuts....I honestly think if I lost most of my BR and got grinded down to $40 again, I'd stay in $1/2 just to preserve my sanity...Once you get to the next limit, you never have to go back when your BR drops to the previous limit if you don't want to -

RB

Inthacup
08-06-2003, 02:39 AM
congrats Whiskey! You're kicking everyone's ASS in this thing so far. keep it up.

Legend27
08-06-2003, 05:22 AM
Well I've lost my $40 bucks on .50/1. I never even made it to 1/2. I suck. I'll try again later.

Graham
08-06-2003, 08:16 AM
I didn't make any serious screwups this time

Ahem [gentle cough]...

Dealt to whiskeytown [ Qs,Kc ]
Player A calls (10)
Player D calls (10)
Player E calls (10)
Player K raises (20) to 20

whiskeytown calls (20)

Graham
08-06-2003, 08:26 AM
whiskey,

just checked out yur personal rant page (I find them interesting).

You should make the following quote your signature line:

...if God has a problem with me, he knows where I'm at.

good chuckle by the time I got to that one..thanks

G

JayCo
08-06-2003, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

To be totally and brutally honest...the reason comes down to this...

I'm scared. These are the highest limits I've ever played, and all that crap in HEFAP that I don't read much because it doesn't apply to my LL games, well, it's gonna apply. SO, I'm going back and rereading Theory of Poker and HEFAP before continuing on in a day or two with the OIC - In a sense, since this is my last limit (with an $800 sprint to the $2000 finish) - I need to feel more mentally prepared for it then I currently do. And this whole time, I keep a card of S&M's hand rankings nearby. 90% of the time, I know what to do, but I just like to doublecheck as I don't have the card memorized to every last group.
RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats Whiskey! Don't wait too long to jump back in there - I'm nipping at your heels /images/graemlins/wink.gif

IMHO, you may be overestimating the skill level of some of the $10-$20 and $15-$30 players floating around out there relative to your own. You didn't post stats on your pre-flop hand selection, and granted the hands you posted are a very small sample, but your post-flop play seems pretty damn solid to me compared to what I've seen in a couple of hundred hours of $15-$30 Party play. Look at it this way... you've already kicked some $0.50-$1, $1-$2, $2-$4, $3-$6, $5-$10, and $10-$20 butt, so they should be worried about <font color="red"> you</font>. Think of this as playing in the final table of a $40 freezout with a $2,000 prize pool - you can really only be out $40, right?

My only nits would be with the KQ cold call (already noted &amp; "ahem'd") and maybe playing the jacks below a bit passively, but that was a lower variance play. You also could have lost 1 or 2 more bets with the set of 9s you had vs the 10-high flush. It's funny - reading that hand history, the flush seemed very likely to me but I know myself well enough to guess that my adrenaline would've got the better of me and I would've fired in a raise anyway. Much easier from the sidelines, as I've noticed watching the WPT.

Keep it up, good luck, and I hope I see you soon when I make it up to the $15-$30 level with you.

Dealt to whiskeytown [ J, J ]
Player A calls (10)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ T, 2, 3 ]
Player A checks.
Player A calls (10)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7 ]
Player A checks.
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8 ]
Player A bets: (20)
whiskeytown calls (20)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $182 | Rake: $3
Board: [ T 2 3 7 8 ]

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Dis is true...I was the button and I played a group 4 hand into a raised pot which should have been 1-2

Worse yet, I went to the river on KQ with an A on the board.....that one surprised me...actually....surprised I dragged it, but then again, second pair was good quite often on this table. -

RB

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Got bored...decided to start my 15/30 -

3rd or 4th hand in, I raise with 88 and get repopped..

generallly cards are raggidy (though there is a K in there) - well turns out he 3 bet me with 33 and flopped a set...that [censored] sucked.

changing tables (too many people decided to sit out) - and I'm at $935 - but I'm not gonna tilt...not yet...LOL - slow easy play.

RB

JayCo
08-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Hang in there whiskey, and remember there's always the drop back to $10-20 if the waters get too choppy and you dip below $800.

(I read your blog and laughed out loud at the religion rant. I went to an all-male Catholic high school -recovering nicely, thanks- and people wonder how I turned out to be such a sinning degenerate gambling junkie.)

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 03:08 PM
I've decided to tighten up considerably and play till $400 - since I did a $400-1200 comeback on 10/20 - it should be possible. -

back to $800 - and my hands won % has gone from 2% to 9% - I kinda ate about a $400 tilt cookie with that 33/88 hand, but I'm better.

Learning some interesting stuff here...like any bluffing has to start at the flop and go to the river...no more betting bottom pair off the flop. LOL

RB

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Luckiest hand I think I've ever played.....

***** Hand History for Game 127949090 *****
15/30 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Wed Aug 06 16:08:53 EDT 2003
Table Color Of Money (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2: CONAN7 ( $65)
Seat 3: investorjim ( $839)
Seat 4: CHLuke ( $693)
Seat 5: thedaego ( $557)
Seat 6: BASSSHELTON ( $546)
Seat 7: woofer69 ( $275)
Seat 8: whiskeytown ( $938)
Seat 9: paway ( $1456)
Seat 10: aaronv ( $216)
woofer69 posts small blind (10)
whiskeytown posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to whiskeytown [ K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
investorjim calls (15)

********* - AT THIS POINT...I HIT THE RESET BUTTON ON THE PC WITH MY FRIGGEN TOE - TOTAL REBOOT AND I'M CONSIDERED ALL-IN **********

thedaego calls (15)
BASSSHELTON calls (15)
woofer69 calls (5)
whiskeytown calls all-In.
Creating Main Pot with $73 with whiskeytown
** Dealing Flop ** : [ T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
woofer69 bets (15)
investorjim calls (15)
thedaego calls (15)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
woofer69 bets (30)
investorjim raises (60) to 60
woofer69 calls (30)
** Dealing River ** : [ 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
woofer69 bets (30)
investorjim calls (30)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $73 | Side Pot 1: $224 | Rake: $3
Board: [ T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
woofer69 balance $452, bet $120, collected $297, net +$177 [ 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ two pairs, tens and sixes -- T /images/graemlins/club.gif,T /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
whiskeytown balance $923, lost $15 [ K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] [ a pair of kings -- K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T /images/graemlins/spade.gif,8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
================================================== =========

and no...it would not have gone down any differently had I been there. I don't raise my BB unless we're shorthanded...so he'd have flopped two pair and called to the river...

My stupidity saved me mucho bucks

RB

JayCo
08-06-2003, 05:15 PM
On to join whiskytown in $10-$20 - wahoo!

So this morning I woke up and couldn't remember one hand I played last night at $5-$10... only that almost every flop, turn &amp; river whacked me right upside the head, so I wanted to to post results after I loaded this last session into PokerTracker.

I'd like to post an interesting hand or two or some play I made I liked but they all pretty much played themselves. For example...
***** Hand History for Game 127173126 *****
5/10 TEXASHTGAMETABLE (LIMIT) - TUE AUG 05 00:00:00 EDT 2003

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to me[ Qs, Kc ] in SB
Player6 raises (10) to 10
Player3 calls (10)
mecalls (8) – borderline, but I was mid-rush already
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7d, Jd, Tc ]
CHECK around
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ad ] WAHOO!
successful check-raise - two callers
** Dealing River ** : [ 5s ]
bet &amp; two callers
Me balance $341, bet $40, collected $123, net +$83 [ Qs Kc ] [ a straight, ten to ace -- Ad,Kc,Qs,Jd,Tc ]

I played 2 full $5-10 tables and 1 $5-$10 (6 max) last night for about 1/2 hourand WHAMMO! I was up to $937, with $400 of the win on just the 6-way table.

Nutty stats from the 6-way $5-$10 table's session:
Amount won: $394
Total Minutes: 24
Total Hands: 42
Times in BB/SB: 17
Saw flop not in blind: 24% (6 of 25 hands, I won 4 of em)
Saw Flop all hands: 36%
Won $ in saw flop: <font color="red"> 80% </font>

I got exactly 3 pocket pairs:
- 99 (won $60 when AQs called me down)
- 77 (won $28 vs 22)
- 44 (won $48 when I made quads)

My blinds:
Saw 3 of 8 flops from SB (KQo, QJo, 77) - won em all +$115
I saw 6 of 9 flops from the BB (AK, A9, KQ, KJs, KT, 76s) - won all but the JT for +$121

Level 1: $0.5-$1, $40 -&gt; $119, 2.7 hrs, 29.8 BB/hr
Level 2: $1.-$2, $119 -&gt; $166, 4.0 hrs, 5.9 BB/hr
Level 3: $2.-$4, $166 -&gt; $252, 7.6 hrs, 2.8 BB/hr
Level 4: $3.-$6, $252 -&gt; $435, 1.8 hrs, 16.9 BB/hr
Level 5: $5.-$10, $435 -&gt; $937, 0.8 hrs, 61.5 BB/hr YOWZA!

I know that poker has peaks and valleys, but man oh man am I enjoying this craziness while it lasts.

Good luck everyone... and my apologies for the long giddy post

JayCo
08-06-2003, 05:17 PM
another sign you're running good - the Magic Toe of Destiny

Mike Haven
08-06-2003, 09:15 PM
played a nice steady hour - up to $75 - one decent pot with KK

Game #340083286 - $0.50/$1 Texas Hold'em - 2003/08/06-18:40:00 (CST)
Table "Ambitle" (real money) -- Seat 4 is the button
Seat 1: ColorMeBest ($7 in chips)
Seat 2: Mike_Haven ($49.75 in chips)
Seat 3: wonderboy420 ($38 in chips)
Seat 4: drchan ($59.25 in chips)
Seat 5: BigFink ($9.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Mr Serrano ($18 in chips)
Seat 7: 4thStPete ($57.25 in chips)
Seat 8: sacoche ($10.50 in chips)
Seat 9: Breakanrun ($71.75 in chips)
Seat 10: face911 ($10.25 in chips)
BigFink : Post Small Blind ($0.25)
Mr Serrano: Post Big Blind ($0.50)
Dealing...
Dealt to Mike_Haven [ Kh ]
Dealt to Mike_Haven [ Kd ]
4thStPete: Fold
sacoche : Call ($0.50)
Breakanrun: Fold
face911 : Call ($0.50)
ColorMeBest: Call ($0.50)
Mike_Haven: Raise ($1)
wonderboy420: Call ($1)
drchan : Call ($1)
BigFink : Fold
Mr Serrano: Fold
sacoche : Call ($0.50)
face911 : Fold
*** FLOP *** : [ 8d Jd 2h ]
sacoche : Check
ColorMeBest: Bet ($0.50)
wonderboy420: Fold
drchan : Fold
sacoche : Call ($1)
ColorMeBest: Raise ($1)
*** TURN *** : [ 8d Jd 2h ] [ 8s ]
ColorMeBest: Check
Mike_Haven: Bet ($1)
ColorMeBest: Call ($1)
*** RIVER *** : [ 8d Jd 2h 8s ] [ 8h ]
ColorMeBest: Check
Mike_Haven: Bet ($1)
ColorMeBest: Fold
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $16.50 | Rake: $0.75
Board: [ 8d Jd 2h 8s 8h ]
ColorMeBest lost $4 (folded)
Mike_Haven bet $5, collected $16.50, net +$11.50 (showed hand) [ Kh Kd ] (a
full house, eights full of kings)
wonderboy420 lost $1 (folded)
drchan lost $1 (folded)
BigFink lost $0.25 (folded)
Mr Serrano lost $0.50 (folded)
4thStPete didn't bet (folded)
sacoche lost $5 [ 2d Ad ] (a full house, eights full of twos)
Breakanrun didn't bet (folded)
face911 lost $0.50 (folded)

Wad
08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Well I'm starting this late but made it past .50/1 on the first night. The hand that put me over the top was KK on the button with 7 limpers. Raised and all called. Board was 2AKQA. The only player who showed down had 22. On to 1/2!

JayCo
08-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Up &amp; down for 3 hours between $700-$1000 at the $10-$20 level.

The tide turner
***** Hand History for Game 128244099 *****
I get 66 in the BB, called Early Pos raise with 4-way action.
Flop 5-7-8 rainbow - nice. I bet, EP calls, MP raises, LP calls, I 3-bet, EP calls, MP caps. All 4 see the turn.
Turn [5 7 8] K - checkcheckcheckcheck (Should I have bet?)
River [5 7 8 K] Q - Deja vu - checked around. Now I'm confused.

Anybody think my 6s were good? Did I mention I love PartyPoker?
JayCo balance $770, bet $60, collected $237, net +$177

The 6s put me right up near $1200, and QQ a few hands later sends me over the top and on to $15-$30 - woohoo!

The happygolucky streak continues - here I come whiskey. I didn't think a month was going to be enough time to have a shot- this has been just nuts. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Good luck to everybody

Level 5: $5.-$10, $435 -&gt; $937, 0.8 hrs, 61.5 BB/hr
Level 6: $10.-$20, $937 -&gt; $1205, 3.0 hrs, 4.4 BB/hr

whiskeytown
08-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Very nice...I'm at 1344 - but I may play a bit more after I finish a satellite

truth is, we treat it like a competition, but anyone who completes it kicks ass...period.

RB

JayCo
08-07-2003, 12:08 AM
/images/graemlins/wink.gif I agree

It'd be cool to if a bunch of us make it... maybe we can make this a semi-final round - anyone that makes it qualifies for some kind of final?

whiskeytown
08-07-2003, 12:18 AM
If we do, we start over somehow...

I don't want to lose $2000 over some semifinal...LOL

RB

Inthacup
08-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Why don't you guys wait till you get 10 players to complete the thing and then have a single table, $2000 buy-in. It's really just a $40 investment from each person with $1960 coming from various online backers. That way, you can have a 1-10 ranking of the finalists with first place taking $10,000. The amount of railbirds you'd get for that would be ABSURD.

JayCo
08-07-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, I think I found a more creative wway to start over...
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

70 hands of $15-$30 later, my $1,200 is now precisely $15

It started with a couple of questionable pre-flop calls to get myself in trouble, mix in an 0-fer on flush/straight draws, some tilt, and VOILA! No money!

Well, like I said, I'm only really out $25, and it was fun, but ouch ouch OUCH that's a lot of cash to lose so fast.

Quick update - all in with KJ flop KT7... AACK GAG! just lost to T7 with a 7 on the river to really rub it in nice and good.

Hopefully my misery saves you from doing the same Whiskey - can I humbly suggest dropping down in levels whenever you dip below 20 or 30 BBs - sure wish I did.

I'm sure in the morning (after I yack), I'll have learned something. I hope.

Good luck all - I may not be up for another attempt for a couple of days, but I'll give it one more crack.

Level 5: $5.-$10, $435 -&gt; $937, 0.8 hrs, 61.5 BB/hr
Level 6: $10.-$20, $937 -&gt; $1205, 3.0 hrs, 4.4 BB/hr
Level 7: $15.-$30, $1205 -&gt; $0, 0.9 hrs, -45.5 BB/hr

DarkKnight
08-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Now that is a cool idea! Makes me want to double up my
effort. BTW I'm up to $128 at 1/2 now.

Lets see fist place 2000 buy in would be 10000.

Loverly!

Mike Haven
08-07-2003, 09:56 AM
OMG, JayCo!!!

I know that must hurt so bad, man, but the way you wrote it made me laugh out loud in shock-horror! I haven't been moved so much by another post since Granny swallowed her teeth and had to stick her food up her ass to chew it.

As you say, another lesson learned - if you do drop back in money, move back down a level to build up again - it can go all too fast at the higher levels. I'm so glad I'll never have those problems the way I'm going.

A really tough break, JayCo.

JayCo
08-07-2003, 10:34 AM
So I woke up this morning and felt really great. For about 0.3 seconds. Then... SMACK! I remembered what a Jackass I was last night.

Thanks for the kind words Mike (except for the ones about the dentures where the sun don't shine- eeesh /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). I think I deserve several dozen cans of whoop-ass more than sympathy, though.

My feelings about a poker session have much more to do with the shape of my win/loss curve (i.e., did I do up or down the last hour) and how well / disciplined I think I played, than how much I ended winning or losing. If I start down a few $100 in the first hour and scratch and claw all night and end up down $40, I feel great. So you can imagine how I might feel when I play good, solid poker mixed with an amazing run of great cards for many, many hours over a few days to get up $1,200 only to lose it all while my wife is brushing her teeth... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anybody else consider hitting a shrink's couch because of poker? The EV on anti-tilt therapy would probably rock for me. I've logged about 3,000 hours in live&amp;online play and averaged a little under 1.0 BB/hour (in limits from $1-$2 all the way up to $30-$60). When I take a good, hard, honest look at my game (which you tend to do after a little whack in the head like last night), I wonder how much my lack of discipline after a beat or two must cost me. Especially on a short roll when you have less of a shot at riding out the bumps. Anybody have any tips for me there (or the name of a good therapist)?

Anyway, I'd like to thank someone (can't remember who) for posting their warning about the pitfalls of late night drunken poker - that helped me at least dodged that bullet about a month or 2 ago. Hopefully my pissing away the Open Internet Challenge (not to mention just a few $) will help remind someone else that a bankroll of 40 big bets does not mix well with either loosening up pre-flop to gamble your way back to even and especially not with TILT. Dark Knight, I shoulda learned from ya man.

I'll be back at it next week after the bleeding stops. Maybe I'll punish myself by earning the next $40 buy-in clearing the PokerRoom bonus.

Good luck everybody, someone go conquer this Open demon for me (I'm getting a mental image of a guy lying bleeding on a beachead, murmuring "I'm not gonna make it.... you go on without me...")

J

richie
08-07-2003, 09:39 PM
First off, let me say my condolences go out to both DarkKnight and JayCo, for their rough rides at 15/30. Hang in there, you both can build your BR back up--hell, probably before I can get out of the 3/6 games. As for myself, I am STUCK at 3/6. I've been there forever, who knows if I'll ever see any higher limits /images/graemlins/confused.gif I started out doing well, was up to $355 bankroll. Then the cards from hell appeared. Coupled with my loose calls, my BR dropped to $160. Finished the night at $203. Gonna try again tonight, hope I can get through this without crashing and burning. Good luck to all OIC participants. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

richie
08-07-2003, 09:43 PM
That's a great idea. I'd love to see that, but I don't think I would want to be a participant. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Of course, I don't expect to see 15/30 or the $2000 anyway. /images/graemlins/frown.gif