PDA

View Full Version : Buried Under

Mason Malmuth
08-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi Everyone:

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been participating in the forums quite as much as I use to. Also, a few of you have noticed that I have played very little poker the last couple of months.

The reason is very simple. Due to the exploding interest in poker, our book sales have been at a level that we never thought was possible. While this is great news for those involved with Two Plus Two, and is actually very good news for all poker players everywhere, it has created a number of problems for me.

First and foremost is that we are currently unable to keep up with all the orders that we have. Specifically we are out of books on three of our titles, (it was four but we just finished reprinting Hold 'em Poker), and we expect to run short on another book in a couple of weeks. We also have a shot to sell more books this month than we sold all last year which was our best year ever.

Our printer is currently running 12 hour shifts in an effort to get us resupplied, (I think I spend more time there than any place else), our book packer has received two unsolicited pay raises from us, and we have orders so large that we're not sure we'll be able to stack all the boxes in our packing office so that the truck line can pick them up. I could write more because the list goes on.

Anyway, when things settle down a little I hope to get back to playing more poker and participating here at my previous level. In the mean time, I'll be checking in and participating whenever I can.

Thanks to everyone for all the support.

Best wishes,
Mason

Ray Zee
08-06-2003, 12:50 AM
thanks mason for your unselfishness in keeping everyone supplied with books. it keeps me fat and rich. how about we tell everyone that there will be no more books. then we can put them on ebay and get 1000's for each copy. got to be enterprising you know.

John Cole
08-06-2003, 06:58 AM
Ray,

Glad to hear you got an unsolicited raise.

John

eMarkM
08-06-2003, 09:28 AM
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

scalf
08-06-2003, 10:19 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gifwhen a hooker gives you a raise; it was solicited...gl /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

scalf
08-06-2003, 10:29 AM
/images/graemlins/smirk.gifthere is a tide...

in the affairs of men

which taken at the flood...

leads to...

it might have been..the saddest words in the english language....

hey, remember what a thrill it is for a reader of 2+2 to get a comment on play; or clarification of points in your magnificent tomes..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

you gotta strike while the iron is hot...
many of these new time buyers will also log into 2+2...

do not let them down...

this is the time to push your checks to the center...

get some help, if necessary, and post every day right now...

you have the chance of a lifetime.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

if ya do not post; everyone will conclude; incorrectly; that you have the business now; so to hell with the suckers on 2+2....

jmho..gl

2+2 books are unequalled in quality and benefit...gl /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

ChipWrecked
08-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Good problems to have! Congrats to all at 2+2. Proud to say I bought mine pre-WPT, and they've paid for themselves many times over...

Mason Malmuth
08-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Don't worry. I'll post when I can.

best wishes,
Mason

adios
08-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Wow!!! I wouldn't have believed that your growth has ramped up even higher than it was. I guess the internet must be part of the reason, internet poker sites and this site must be spurring sales a lot. The games seem like they'll keep getting tougher because of the 2+2 books. I guess Ray won't write another book now since he's making so much off of his current writings. Congratulations it's a great success story really.

Mike Gallo
08-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Mason,

Congrats

eMarkM
08-06-2003, 03:37 PM
WPT + Positively Fifth Street + ESPN's expanded coverage of WSOP + Moneymaker-the-guy-next-door-wins-the-big-one-so-you-can-too = a /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Mason.

Mason Malmuth
08-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Hi Mark:

You're absolutely right. In fact, David and I plus the rest of the gang here at Two Plus Two (and that even includes Ray) may be the biggest benefactors of all of this.

Best wishes,
Mason

whiskeytown
08-07-2003, 08:25 AM
the manager of our local poker room has seen tournaments increase by 50% - - the room is always more full, and he says it's the best free advertising ever.

What I want to know is, is it a boom or a bust...let's face it - when Canterbury started, we had a ton of people, but gradually, they kept busting out and finally, we were left with only the regulars who didn't suck so bad...

My only consolation is that although they may buy your books, it'll take them at least two years to learn not to go on tilt and not to play group 4 hands in MP with a raise in front of them /images/graemlins/grin.gif - that self control is impossible to teach.

RB

ChipWrecked
08-07-2003, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that self control is impossible to teach

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, totally win-win. 2+2 gets to sell more books... players get to catch more fish.

How popular are diet books? Everybody knows how to lose weight, it's simple. But it ain't easy. Look how many fat people there are (a world of 'em, great time for the Slim bio to be released too).