PDA

View Full Version : Pair a dice on it's way to 4th...

Frozen
08-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I predict that before the end of the summer, stars and UB will both firmly pass paradise. One glance at today's pokerpulse numbers shows that party now has over TRIPLE the market share of paradise. Stars and UB both have more action than paradise at this hour. It's amazing how brands can rise and fall so quickly in the online world...

GrannyMae
08-06-2003, 12:18 AM
It's amazing how brands can rise and fall so quickly in the online world...

hi frozen,

this is the stupidest thing i have ever read. congrats!!

paradise's business is up. it does not matter where they are on the list, as long as business is great.

are you suggesting they are a failure because their rake is up by millions a year??

i don't think paradise is hurting, you silly boy

please THINK before you post

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/l/rolleyes.gif

Frozen
08-06-2003, 12:45 AM
I didn't say that that paradise was 'hurting' or 'a failure', now did I? I just pointed out how their market share % is collapsing, which it is.

Now run along Granny, Matlock is starting.

GrannyMae
08-06-2003, 01:03 AM
their market share is an irrelevant statistic in this exponential climate.

who the fuk cares about a meaningless statistic like percentage of clients?!?!?

bye,

if matlock is on, i have to go

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/tv.gif

rusty JEDI
08-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Now run along Granny, Matlock is starting.

That is funny. Maybe it is followed by murder she wrote.

As for the topic at hand though, i have no opinion as of yet.

dux
08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who the fuk cares about a meaningless statistic like percentage of clients?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they not care about this? You may have made an extra million dollars but you could be making much more! It means there are thousands of new players with new $$ signing up to Party and Stars, and you think Paradise should just sit there counting their new members?

I would have thought market share would be very important.

Hung
08-06-2003, 02:40 AM
I don't know how stars is doing. But I know UB is doing really good. More and more players are coming to their site. I started last year in December. And there were very few tables. You could win the high hand bonus with four of a kind. which I did. now you need a royal straight flush to win it. Every 1h30 there's a royal. The NL tables are increasing too. There used to be 1 or two 0.25-0.50 NL tables. Now there're 5-6 The 0.10-0.25 is even more succesful.
And it looks like they make new tables every x time. They started with 0.50-1, then 1-2 and now 2-4 NL. Yesterday I tried the 1-2 NL. And I lost three times with JJ. Bad hand. It's unlucky. Throw it away /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If anyone is coming to paradise and you see me. Say hi and I'll get you a drink. Or maybe a burger. But don't take any hotdogs, they make you fart. And remember we're sitting at the same table!

Prickly Pete
08-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Hung, I'll lay down a premium hand against you if you buy me 2 of those delicious ParaDoughnuts I love so much.

Hung
08-06-2003, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hung, I'll lay down a premium hand against you if you buy me 2 of those delicious ParaDoughnuts I love so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me think about it. Because they're very expensive.
Let say if we're playing 15-30 HE. And you've the nut flush. The pot is $200. At this moment I'll scream: ParaDoughnuts!! That's the signal, ok? You've to lay your hand down.
When do you want to play?

eMarkM
08-06-2003, 02:16 PM
paradise's business is up. it does not matter where they are on the list, as long as business is great.

I disagree with this. Yes, the pie is getting bigger, so PP is doing ok. But I know of no business that isn't absolutely obsessed with market share. I'm sure it's a big concern to the management at PP having been knocked down from what was a very firm #1 to being completley dominated by Party in a very short time.

Prickly Pete
08-06-2003, 02:29 PM
I usually like a snack around midnight - so that should work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jeffro
08-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Paradise is busier right now then it has been in the year and a half I have played there and how much do you think it has cost them to gain all these players. Party is going to attract players and they have paid dearly to get to the numbers they are at. Do you think these commercials they are running on the WPT are free. I have personally been offered a comeback bonuses each of the 3 times I have cleared my Party account, who pays for this. It is great Party has the market share but do you think they are making more money then Paradise? Maybe they are and I completely off base here. I believe when all the leaves have shaken off the tree the real players will go to the site provides the best software and support.

DarkKnight
08-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Market Share is the HOLY GRAIL !!!!!

When this growth slows the site(s) with the majority
of the players will have the strength to run the others
out of business.

lefty rosen
08-06-2003, 07:30 PM
The 20/40 Skalanksy clones couldn't handle the 2/7 off counter raises to their big slick on a brick board..........

Jim Kuhn
08-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Profits are the key to any business - not market share. Often market share will lead to profits. Paradise is growing without much added expenses. They profits are most likely greater than ever.

Party has seen their market share explode. But they have absorbed alot of expenses along with this growth. They added servers, support personnel, etc. along with many deposit bonuses, advertising costs and 10% interest on account balances.

I would guess that Paradise's profit margin is among the best of all online poker sites. Party has the market share and will be in great shape if they can maximize their profits from this expanded player base. They really need to enhance their customer service. They also have software issues they need to address. The hardware seems to be functioning much better than a few weeks ago.

Legend27
08-07-2003, 05:00 AM
I know of a few minor glitches party needs to fix in there software but nothing they need to be in a hurry about. I prefer party's software over paradise's as it is. What about paradise's software do you like better?

ZeeJustin
08-07-2003, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe when all the leaves have shaken off the tree the real players will go to the site provides the best software and support.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree here. Maybe in a perfect world it would be true, but the truth of the matter is that most of the players don't care about the software of the support much at all. The fish generally play at the site that does the most advertising, while the sharks play at the site that allows them to maximize their profits.

smd
08-07-2003, 10:19 AM
It looks to me like they are content with the share they have right now.

On a somewhat unrelated note- I see that Paradise has changed their advertising icon- now it says "World's Premier Online Poker Room" instead of "World's Largest"

Frozen
08-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Pair a Dice officially now #4 at pokerpulse, and will never reach higher than 3rd again.

Inthacup
08-08-2003, 08:40 AM
Pair a Dice officially now #4 at pokerpulse, and will never reach higher than 3rd again.

Wanna bet?

RollaJ
08-08-2003, 08:55 AM
To compare UB to Paradise when UB is in the middle of a deposit bonus period is silly, If Paradise offers a bonus next month theyll be right back up into 3rd or 2nd, and when they roll out multis..... well hold on