PDA

View Full Version : This is the law in Arkansas.

blueboles
08-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Got curious today and looked this up.
5-66-112. Card games - Betting.
If any person shall be guilty of betting any money or any valuable thing on any game of brag, bluff, poker, seven-up, three-up, twenty-one, vingt-et-un, thirteen cards, the odd trick, forty-five, whist, or at any other game at cards, known by any name now known to the law, or with any other or new name or without any name, he shall, on conviction, be fined in any sum not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than twenty-five dollars ($25.00).

TobDog
08-13-2003, 12:27 PM
And I am sure no one violates this rule right? If you are concerned, just make sure you play with chips and not cash for betting, and I doubt you will ever have a problem unless someone reports you to the authorities. As far a s the law, I think that most states have this or similar wording about what they call gambling but have not seen on the news about any home game raids by the police and a pending court date.

tobdog

Easy E
08-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Just curious.. about any possible hypocrisy.

Aces McGee
08-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Easy E

Are you asking about Alaska or Arkansas? Check those postal abbreviations, my friend! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aces McGee

Easy E
08-15-2003, 02:03 PM
was too lazy to check.

give me the info for both, smartbutt!

Aces McGee
08-15-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm an editor. It's all I can do to not correct every mistake on here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aces McGee

P.S. -- I don't have the info for either state...

Terry
08-15-2003, 11:15 PM
How does it change many dyslexics to take a light bulb?

lefty rosen
08-22-2003, 06:00 PM
If the rumours are true slick Willies uncle is the head of the dixie mob and controls all underground card games in the state, and is untouchable. Plus slick Willie still has state troopers searching the highways for blond hillbies that he can bang.............