PDA

View Full Version : One other - the hardest beat I have seen.....

goldtee100
08-05-2003, 07:13 PM
8 players, I'm on the button.....4 callers, I raise with KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.....all call
10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.....3 checks, 1 bet..I call...all call
j /images/graemlins/diamond.gif....sb bets...4 callers, i raise, sb calls, 2 other callers.....
2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif sb bets.....1 caller, i raise....sb raises....other folds....i call

he turns over 10/2o........not aggressive enough for me? or just sucked out on again?

Dynasty
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Wow. You're the first person to ever lose to a full-house when you made a flush.

Tosh
08-05-2003, 07:25 PM
These things happen mate. As the saying goes noone remembers their big wins only their bad losses.

goldtee100
08-05-2003, 07:27 PM
You think???? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess I'm just thinking more players play a whole lot smarter than they do........I asked him why he played 10/2o....His reply.......it only cost me 2 bucks! I didn't say or ask anymore!

Ulysses
08-05-2003, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You're the first person to ever lose to a full-house when you made a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood the post, Dynasty. I think he was saying what a bad beat it was for the guy who flopped two pair against his King-high on the flop that he sucked out on the turn and made his flush. Luckily, the flop leader made a full house on the river, so it turned out OK in the end.

asdf1234
08-05-2003, 07:32 PM
You could easily raise the flop, you've got the second nut flush draw, two overcards and backdoor nut straight draw. You're a favorite to improve by the river.

It's not a hard beat, flushes lose to rivered boats all the time. When the board pairs and somebody wakes up, this should send up a little alarm that you could be against a full house. I'm not saying you played the river wrong, but you must know it's a possibility.

asdf1234
08-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Always assume people play badly until proven otherwise.

gonores
08-05-2003, 08:02 PM
You shouldn't have even asked him the first question. Allow him to be positively reinforced for making that call by winning the hand. I would even go so far as to compliment him for his play.

BTW...what limits were you playing that he paid $2 extra from the small blind for a raise?

Homer
08-05-2003, 08:16 PM

No he isn't. I've seen it happen many times. You obviously need to play more often.

-- Homer

Ed Miller
08-05-2003, 10:10 PM
You should be raising the flop. This is a big one for your hand, and since the pot is raised preflop, you need to defend your overcard outs. Not raising on the flop was a significant mistake, IMO.