PDA

View Full Version : Card Room Etiquette

redsamurai
08-05-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm taking a friend to the local cardroom this weekend. As it will be his first time playing outside Thursday night poker I was hoping to find a cheat sheet of common cardroom etiquette for him to look over. Does anyone have a reference to one? Many thanks in advance.

asdf1234
08-05-2003, 06:31 PM
1) Act in turn
2) Act quickly

These are the things that bother me most about new players, also you might want to have him watch a few hands so that he gets the feel of the procedures (i.e. blinds, bets, etc.).

ArchAngel71857
08-06-2003, 12:59 AM
Tell him to bring something to put on top of his chips. A lighter, a paperweight, a small white plastic statue of Jesus. Recently i was at a table with a guy who i thin khad never played before. He was slow, he didn't understand the betting structure so the dealer had to tell him how much every time. but the biggest problem came when he limped preflop, and the dealer took his cards because he had thrown them out there. After a 5 minute delay (it seemed longer) the manager finally came over and worked it out, but he was at fault for not protecting his cards. So bbring something to protect your cards. Some use their own chips, but there are cons against that.

-AA