PDA

View Full Version : What's the DeLay?

andyfox
08-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Tom DeLay is one scary guy. He told the Israeli Knesset recently that "This struggle is one of good versus evil; nations and organizations who fail to distinguish between the two disqualify themselves from input on this matter."

This, of course, is the Manichean world-view of the Islamic extremists, that they are on the side of good and we are evil.

DeLay is among the most extreme in his views. He knows Absolute Truth: "My mission is to bring us back to the Constitution and to Absolute Truth that has been manipulated and destroyed by a liberal worldview."

For DeLay, only Christianity offers that Absolute Truth: "Christianity offers the only viable, reasonable, definitive answer to the questions of 'Where did I come from?' 'Why am I here?' 'Where am I going?' 'Does life have any meaningful purpose?'"

If only we'll put ourselves in the Hands of the Lord, all will be OK; "The reason some social programs have failed is because they do not recognize that man is sinful and the redemption of man is through Jesus Christ."

That a man with such views could rise to a position of leadership in our majority political party says a lot about why America is disliked so intensely around the world. Incidentally, Delay claims that President Bush has the same views as he does but is more politic in expressing them.

Zeno
08-05-2003, 07:17 PM
"For DeLay, only Christianity offers that Absolute Truth: "Christianity offers the only viable, reasonable, definitive answer to the questions of 'Where did I come from?' 'Why am I here?' 'Where am I going?' 'Does life have any meaningful purpose?'"

__________________________________________________ ______

Andy,

Obviously Tom Delay has not seen, absorbed, or enjoyed a Russ Meyer's Movie. If he had all his grandly ornate questions would have been answered long ago, without all the pandering christian drivel, in a theater far, far away - and in duplicate form to boot! If you know what I mean, and I know you do so don't hide from it.

I probably could add something meaningful or insightful to your important post but will not. "Tommy Boy" DeLay is not worth my time or your time either. But I suppose his ilk must be dealt with sooner or later. Right?

OK- I'm off to the gun store; I predict I will need some more ammo before the upcoming election is over.

I plan to post a political tirade soon but don't have the energy at the moment. I'm too sapped with all the women in prison stuff. A man must have priorities.

-Zeno