PDA

View Full Version : More Golf Smack

07-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Gotta love it...

I just saw where Bernhard Langer has a 18-5-5 Ryder Cup record. The same Langer who helped Monty trick Furyk & Janzen into putting in the dark at Valderrama[while Tom Kite was off getting Michael Jordan a blanket or something] and was NOT picked as a wild card in '99. This confirms that Mark James did the impossible; a worse Ryder Cup captaincy than Lanny Wadkins.

Then there's this gem: "Tiger would beat the brains out of all those guys," says John Cook , who finished fourth at the Western. "He and Jack [Nicklaus] would be a great duel every week, but I'll take Phil [Mickelson] , Ernie [Els] and Retief [Goosen] against [Lee] Trevino , [Arnold] Palmer and [Billy] Casper ."

Goosen over Billy Casper??? HAHAHAHAHAH where's the Depends, jaysus.... And Trevino'd have The Phold tied into all kinda knots before they even teed off.

Of course, to be fair, *I* picked Goose to win after the third round at Augusta this year.... /images/smile.gif

07-11-2002, 12:23 AM
People forget what a great, great player Billy Casper was. A fantastic putter, he won 51 tournaments, 6th on the all-time list. He led the tour in tournaments won in 1964, 1966, 1968, 1969 and 1970.

07-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that's goofy. It's hard to compare eras and all. The modern golfers are better overall. Tiger's better than all of them. But think about Goosen and Phil playing Trevino and Casper in a Ryder Cup style match or something. Casper putted just slightly (sarcasm alert)better than Goosen. Trevino had a little more control over full shots than Phil and was a little bit (sarcasm again) better competitor. I know Phil gambles more than most of the dial tones on the Tour, but Trevino played for cash when it meant something to him and won a whole lot more in tournaments for OPM. John Cook is at the right age where he got beat by Nicklaus, Trevino, and Floyd and now can be beat by Tiger. ;-) I like Cook, but he is trying too hard on this one.