PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mel Gibson refusing to let Jews see his new movie?

B-Man
08-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Link to NY Times Articles (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/03/arts/03RICH.html?pagewanted=1&ei=1&en=13769b97b8a6dbc1& ex=1061096719)

Makes you wonder what he is hiding and why he is being so defensive...

Wake up CALL
08-05-2003, 02:50 PM
This is America after all, he can show his movie to whomever he wishes. Perhaps it is a publicity stunt to drive Jews to his movie in droves when it opens to the public. After all they can certainly afford the extra large tub of buttered popcorn combo. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

whiskeytown
08-05-2003, 04:45 PM
As a biblical scholar...let me just say I've never understood this [censored] in the first place about Anti-Semitic stuff -

First off, Jesus was Jewish. If anyone is attacking Jews in their portrayal of Christ, they're attacking him as well. So it's probably not an anti-semitic film.

Second, a study of the New Testament suggests that Jesus didn't come down to heal a few people, or speak nice sayings, (although he did both) - but his final goal as the son of God was to be killed for the sins of the world...So, strictly speaking...if he wasn't killed by the Jews in the first place, he wasn't doing his job. -

Third, WTF is up with the Italians not taking their fair share of the credit. The Sanhedrin couldn't execute Jesus, so they sent him to Pilate...Pilate was a ROMAN - an ITALIAN ruler of Judah at that time. He could have set Jesus free, but was afraid of looking soft, so he washed his hands of the affair and gave him back to be killed. An inability to do good with his position is no better then those who used their position for evil. - stupid italians..

4th...as far as Catholic Dogma is concerned, you're all going to hell anyways, cause you're not catholic...so why pretend to be ecunumecial about it. And why would the Jews be afraid something is anti-semitic because it paints them in an unfavorable light. Granted, they took a REAL bad beat in WWII - but it doesn't mean their [censored] in the outhouse doesn't still stink, and one shouldn't be labelled an anti-semite for saying so.

and I just get a kick out of all these redneck yahoo's who think Jesus was a brown haired, blue eyed, good ol' boy in confederate flag who got killed by the Jews.... - The few descriptions/prophecies of him suggest he wasn't even a good looking person... - kinda comely and ugly...like the rest of us. He definately looked Middle Eastern, and ...ah screw it...you know what I mean. - might have even been dark enough to have been considered black in today's culture. Bet the redneck KKK yahoo's would get a major kick out of seeing him in front of them...- they'd have probably lynched him -

RB

RB

andyfox
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
"that renowned Talmudic scholar Matt Drudge"

My favorite line from the article.

Cyrus
08-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Where did you study the Bible, at the Edge Water Inn ?