PDA

View Full Version : 25/50 @ The Hustler?

jkinetic
08-05-2003, 02:35 AM
A while back I recall a few posts discussing how the once fertile 25/50 @ The Hustler has dried up.

I have been too lazy to drive down there and check it out myself, also I don't like going there as much as other local LA poker rooms because in my opinion the food there is inferior, but I digress...

For those of you who play that game frequently, how has it been recently, as good as ever or definitely drying up or been dried up?

Josh W
08-05-2003, 05:17 PM
As of Saturday, the game was nothing short of amazing. The game never dried up even a little. The game was always, and still is, beatable for more than any 30-60 I've ever played in (and that's a LONG list).

For example...on Saturday, he called a cap cold with 86s, and two cold on a Q72 flop with NONE of his suit. There were three better players than him at the table. Three. There were 3 that were hands down worse, and two that were comprable.

There are good players in the game, but there are so many fish of such extreme fishiness, that it really is amazing.

Josh

andyfox
08-05-2003, 05:41 PM
I've never played there, but recently spoke to a player who had and he claimed the game was still great.

I understand we're not supposed to say this however. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Besides, the owner of the club will soon be governor of California. Flynt had the line of the day when he said that while he may be paralyzed from the waist down, at least, like the current governor of California, he's not paralyzed from the neck up.