PDA

View Full Version : Ain't Flopped A Set Since I Don't Know When

Drunk Bob
08-05-2003, 12:51 AM
1/2 Online.Loose Passive.10 Handed.

I Have Been on a losing streak for the last couple of days Dropped appox. $100.00 mostly due the fact of never hitting a set when I have a PP.

Hand in Question?

I have JJ on the button.

All 9 opponents call.In HEFAP it says you want either 2-3 or a lot of callers with JJ.That qualifes as alot.

I raise.

Flop 665

Not the best flop too say the least.

Checked too me I bet.

3 callers.

Turn is another 5.

Checked too me I check.

SB bets ,MP folds.Icall. Can someone refer me to agood brain surgeon who can remove these calling station trends I sometime get into.

River is a 5

Great!!Card.If he has a 6 the pots mine !

SB bets . I call

SB shows Q5 o

Comments?

Uston
08-05-2003, 12:57 AM
66655 beats 555JJ but I'll cut you some slack since you might be drunk.

TBone
08-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Problem is, my opponent flopped a str8 flush. Glad the board didn't pair after that.

T

Drunk Bob
08-05-2003, 01:16 AM
I thought my post was pretty clear 5s full of jacks beaten by Quad 5s. If Not Please comment.

JohnShaft
08-05-2003, 01:22 AM

Uston means "no it isn't"

Anyone with a 6 has a boat, 66655, Sixes Full of Fives

Your boat is, 555JJ, Fives Full of Jacks

You have the lower boat. The River 5 didn't help you at all.
You still lose to a 6...

Drunk Bob
08-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Too clear up any misunderstandings.

Me JJ River. 66555. Winner had Q5o.

Max Weinberg
08-05-2003, 01:32 AM
I'm not a big fan of raising wired jacks on the button in a family pot - all the overcards are already out. But then again, you most likely have the best hand and you're forcing everyone else to put in an extra bet as a dog so it can't be that bad. The other side to this is when you raise, get a favorable flop, but you've made the pot so big you encourage them to suck out on you with better odds.

As for me, I'd probably just limp on the button at this point, and go to town if I flop a set or an overpair.

Max Weinberg
08-05-2003, 01:39 AM
I think they're getting that point. This is what's making everyone wonder:

Sixes full of anything beats fives full of jacks.

JohnShaft
08-05-2003, 01:45 AM
[First of all a token "not another should you raise JJ multiway" thread]

That said 9 callers to me and I have JJ. F*** Me I'll raise this 'til Doomsday.

I'm not a big fan of raising wired jacks on the button in a family pot - all the overcards are already out.
Max, if these are players likely to have a few overcards between them, doesn't that make it all the BETTER to raise?
They've no doubt got quite a few Aces/Kings/Queens between them, which makes it much more likely that you'll both flop the overpair, and have it stay that way.
You've got perfect position too.

You don't think you win significantly more than your fair share in this spot? Everyone limped, what kind of offsuit tat do you think some of these guys are on?

It really doesn't matter if I think I am *likely* to win this hand. Against a full table of course I'm not.

Auto-Raise.

Drunk Bob
08-05-2003, 01:48 AM
John you are right. guess I screwed up. Not the first time and not the last. Thanks.

Max Weinberg
08-05-2003, 01:58 AM
Because of that BadBeetz "Raise jacks out of the blind?" firestorm post from a week or so ago I tried to cover all my angles.

I can see merits to both approaches, but raising them in this case is probably best considering the crap that must be in play at this table.

Homer
08-05-2003, 10:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of raising wired jacks on the button in a family pot - all the overcards are already out.

Why do you say that? This is a loose low-limit game, in which players will play all sorts of junk hands. For all you know his opponents could have 33, T9o, 64s, 87o, 22, 97s, 43s, 65o, JTs or even worse.

-- Homer