PDA

View Full Version : wow such aggression!

SoBeDude
08-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Party 3/6 table.

I get AdAc in MP.

One open-raiser to my immediate right (UTG+1), I 3-bet. LMP calls 2 cold, SB caps! BB calls, we all call. 5 to see the flop.

flop comes: Jc 2c Kd

(Thankfully I have the aces of clubs)

SB bets out, BB folds, UTG+1 raises, I 3-bet, LMP now caps! (he didn't raise preflop), all call. 4 to see the turn.

Turn: 2d

SB bets out again!, UTG+1 just calls this time, I raise, LMP 3-bets!, SB caps it!

At this point I type "I take it my aces are no good?" I think about the call/fold decision and decide to call. the others all call as well.

River: 4s

I've pretty much decided I'll call any bet and go to showdown.

We've capped preflop, flop, and turn. Whats everyone have?

-Scott

SoBeDude
08-04-2003, 10:59 PM
I was fairly certain I was in trouble, but I've seen hands like this before when everyone seems to go insane.

So I decided to call it down after the turn was capped.

The river was checked-through.

I felt certain I was going to see a set.

SB had Qd Td for the OESD and 3rd nut flush draw on the turn.
UTG+1 had Kh Jh for the flopped top two pair
LMP has Kc Qc

I can't believe my aces dodged that minefield.

I scooped a $201 pot.

How did I play? Did I wuss out on the river? since the board paired the 2's, I wasn't afraid of 2 pair, should I have bet?

-Scott

onegymrat
08-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Scott,
This is a good one! Show the river action. Need to see before guessing the hands.

rkiray
08-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Wow, this is an interesting hand.

I like your play preflop and flop.

I hate the turn raise. Once the flop was capped I think you are up against a full house. All though there are enough people in that flush draws are making money by raising. But still when the sb still bets out I would be very worried. No way I raise here.

I think sb and LMP both have either full houses or flush draws. I will go out on a limp and guess one of each. But I'm assuming reasonable players here, and I've never played at Party, but have heard that may not be a good assumption. You didn't describe the table or your opponents which would have been very helpful.

SoBeDude
08-04-2003, 11:17 PM
The river action gives it away. thats why I put it in the results post.

and besides, put yourself in my shoes on the turn and make the tough decision I faced /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Scott

JohnShaft
08-04-2003, 11:24 PM
It was a tough decision.
I think the turn raise is a good play. It's a big pot, and you have to take your shot. And the 2 looks like a perfect brick, whereby if you feared KJ flopping top two, you no longer do.

I'll also admit I'd have strongly thought about folding when it was capped back to me.

It looks like you're behind and drawing pretty slim. The turn card was pretty perfect for you and they still all went off on one. I think the important thing is that this is at Party, and you read their OTT actions, and realised your AA maybe wasn't buried.

onegymrat
08-04-2003, 11:36 PM
Okay, got the last message. SB had JJ, BB is a fool, UTG+1 had AKo and LMP had Q-10c. SB takes it with a set of jacks?

~Just saw results. All I can say is whew! Glad to see happy ending. As you can see with my way off guesses, I would have check-call the river also. Nice going.