PDA

View Full Version : who loses more than me here?

leon
08-04-2003, 09:03 PM
Pretty typical online game. Loose, alternatively passive and aggressive. Loose player raises UTG. Fold to me, I 3 bet with red kings. BB calls two cold. UTG raiser calls.

Flop comes 279 with two hearts. BB bets, utg calls and I raise. They call.

Turn comes an offsuit 4. No 4 straight on board. BB bets, utg calls, I raise. They call.

River is the 5 of hearts. BB bets, utg calls, I call.

Leon

elysium
08-04-2003, 09:22 PM
hi leon
on the turn, there's a little room to call only rather than raise. but it's really a matter of preference and opponent knowledge.

if you prefer to call because you've had a few bad beats or are on a bad streak, that's fine; or if you call because the BB is a solid player, that's ok too. on paper and all things being equal, your turn raise is fine.

stripsqueez
08-04-2003, 09:46 PM
i lose the same ammount

i cant think of a hand that the BB has that doesnt mean i either win or i get happy that i am playing against him (he might of found an imaginative way to play AA or the black kings ??)

Mike Gallo
08-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Someone just rivered you with the Ax of hearts. If not the big blind flopped a set of 9's.

I lose the same amount.

Michael

Pot-A
08-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Hmmm,

I think I don't raise on the turn, and once UTG calls the river, you know you're dead. I'd probably fold the river - there's no other draw.

I'm thinking you lost to a flush, but I'm also thinking you have the worst hand. UTG took a fair amount of heat, so it's hard to think he has only one pair.

hutz
08-04-2003, 11:52 PM
I'd strongly consider passing on the river overcall after the BB bet into the open-raising UTG player and the 3-bettor (you) three times. I'd guess UTG has TT, JJ, or QQ, but you lost to BB.