PDA

View Full Version : Another confidence-inspiring job. . .

07-10-2002, 01:29 AM
. . .by the Commissioner of Baseball. After the wonderful job he did with the Brewers and his enlightening thoughts on contraction, his handling of the 11th inning of the All-Star Game was, I suppose, par for the course.

We might as well kiss the season good bye if he's going to be in charge of preventing a strike/lock-out.

07-10-2002, 07:09 AM
i agrreeee..

bill veeck as in wreck might just come back and smack selig with his pegleg...gl

07-10-2002, 08:44 AM
maybe its time for armageddon in baseball. i think it would be preferable to having a long stoppage now even if it misses the entire season next year than having a new threat every year or two. we all knew a strike was coming when paul beeston was fired. curiously, when beeston was recently elected to the canadian baseball hall of fame, donald fehr showed up but none of the baseball owners or management did. tells you a lot about the owners.

Pat

07-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Andy,

Nice idea about expanding the All-Star rosters to cover situations such as occured last night. "Okay, Pedro, get in there and give us one good pitch," exhorts Torre as he tries to get even more players into the game for a token appearance. Huh? Too bad we weren't privy to Bud's thoughts as he gamely tried think of ways to keep the game going. Imagine the rejected possibilities.

John

07-10-2002, 01:08 PM
I think you're being too harsh on the guy. Both managers wanted to call the game. It was not Bud's idea and anyways he really had no choice. keep in mind that it was a fantastic game. In Japan this would have been considered the perfect ending.