PDA

View Full Version : POLL : Saddam Hussein

Cyrus
08-04-2003, 05:22 PM
You are the President of the United States. You are informed that the hide-out of Saddam Hussein has been positively identified. A raid is being prepared. You now have a choice between ordering to (A) capture him ALIVE, or (B) bring him back DEAD. You are informed that the same number of American casualties is predicted in each case.

Ignoring all moral considerations, please CHOOSE what's best for America.

B-Man
08-04-2003, 05:29 PM
"Sometimes, dead is better."

This is one of those times. Too many people (democrats, liberals, some Arabs, anyone that is anti-U.S., etc.) will try to use him as a rallying point/martyr for their causes.

What we should do is secretly capture him, interrogate him to get whatever information we can, then kill him.

However, what will probably happen is that we will kill him or he will kill himself before he is captured.

MMMMMM
08-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Cyrus I believe you left out one important option in your poll:

Bringing him back half-dead. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cyrus
08-04-2003, 06:15 PM
"Too many people (Democrats, liberals, some Arabs, anyone that is anti-U.S., etc.) will try to use [Saddam Hussein] as a rallying point/martyr for their causes."

Are you seriously suggesting that the Democratic Party of the United States ever had or will have anything positive to say about Saddam Hussein?? Let alone use Saddam as a "rallying point" for its causes?

Man, this is too much. And to think that Master Malmuth is on my case for being biased.

MMMMMM
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Well much of the Democratic Party found a rallying cause in opposing the removal of Saddam's regime.

Wake up CALL
08-04-2003, 10:29 PM
"Are you seriously suggesting that the Democratic Party of the United States ever had or will have anything positive to say about Saddam Hussein??"

Perhaps not but many of them are sure to be thinking "Man if Saddam can just hold in there till the Presidential election rolls around....'"

Phat Mack
08-05-2003, 02:23 AM
You are informed that the hide-out of Saddam Hussein has been positively identified.

maybe he's near the WMD's

B-Man
08-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Are you seriously suggesting that the Democratic Party of the United States ever had or will have anything positive to say about Saddam Hussein?? Let alone use Saddam as a "rallying point" for its causes?

The last several years have proven that the two major parties will use anything to try to gain political advantage. The Republicans are guilty of this, too, but the Democrats are worse.

John Cole
08-05-2003, 09:50 AM
M,

Forgetting your history already? The Democratic party supported the removal of the Iraqi threat. Of course, had the war been established as a "regime change," I'm sure the opposition would have been more strident.

MMMMMM
08-05-2003, 12:09 PM
I stand by what I wrote (I think;-)).

"Well, much of the Democratic Party found a rallying cause in opposing the removal of Saddam's regime."

Didn't much of the Democratic Party oppose the war?

(of course, much of the Democratic Party also supported the war).

MMMMMM
08-05-2003, 12:17 PM
BTW maybe my statement is less accurate using "Democratic Party" than using "Democrats"--if there is a difference.

andyfox
08-05-2003, 12:59 PM
The last several years? Try forever, back to the formation of political parties in this country that led to the Alien and Sedition Act.

On what evidence do you base your conclusion that the Democrats are worse?

Cyrus
08-05-2003, 02:31 PM
" I stand by what I wrote, much of the Democratic Party ... opposed the war.
Of course, much of the Democratic Party also supported the war."

This must be the arithmetic that they practice at Wonderland.

MMMMMM
08-05-2003, 04:27 PM
'MUCH' < 'MOST' much of the time.

Example:

MUCH of the U.S. population is under the age of 30 = True.

MOST of the U.S. population is under the age of 30 = False.