PDA

View Full Version : medium overpair vs EP moderate aggression

conform
08-04-2003, 04:59 PM
party micros, haven't been seated long, weak players in the blinds. UTG limps, new player raises and i call with 99. 2 more cold calls, the BB calls, UTG folds. 6.25 BBs.

flop comes [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] and it's checked to NP, who bets. i raise intending to bow out to a reraise. called to BB who folds. no reraise. 11.25 BBs.

turn is 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] and it's checked to me; i bet. called to EP whe checkraises. now i'm pretty sure i'm behind but decide to take one off with 16.25 BBs and probably a couple more to come before the turn. i'm also pretty sure this is a bad call as the implied odds aren't quite there unless everyone calls. at any rate, there's one more caller after me and two folds.

river is the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and when EP bets again i fold.

i'm more interested about hearing thoughts on the hand before my weak call on the turn. i had already decided that if i got raised i was likely up against a bigger pair and when it came i should have gone with that.

Louie Landale
08-04-2003, 06:55 PM
You are a little short on the odds if you KNOW you are beat. However, ANY chance at all you've got the best hand AND its checked on the river warrens a call.

Unfortunately, the most probable hand that has you beat is the straight and you are drawing dead.

This pot-odds stuff presumes your hand is good if you make it. Not this time.

- Louie