PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Hand Ever

heyrocker
08-04-2003, 01:08 PM
I am playing a one table NL Hold'Em freeroll on PokerPages last night. I am so happy this was free. I am on the button, and I find myself facing AA. There are five left, I have about T2500, blinds are 100/200. Folds around to UTG+1, who raises about 500, I go all in, fold around to UTG+1 who calls all in with about T2000. He flips over AA. I have the red ones, he has the black ones. Everyone has a good chuckle as the flop comes spade, spade, spade. Turn is a blank, river a spade and down I go. Like I said, thankfully it was free (not that my pay tourneys have been doing much better of late.)

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
I would've been sadder if his black cards weren't aces. Cheer up. It's happened to all of us.

punkass
08-04-2003, 01:16 PM
It's never happened to me yet. But I know when it doesn, there will be some yellin involved.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-04-2003, 01:28 PM
I busted out of a tourney at Foxwoods when I had KK all-n against QQ, but my black K was a club, and the four spades on the board matched my opponent's Q.

JDErickson
08-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Twice in 1 NL tourney multi I got AK. Opponent (different both times) raised small raise. I reraise, they go all in, I call.

They turn over AA to my AK. No help on the board and I'm killed both times (2nd time, dropped me from tourney)

Just my luck to face AA when I have AK.

Jim

WizeGuy33
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
This happens all the time. Do you like calling all-in bets with AK? Let me tell you a little secret...AK sure isn't Christmas morning. The majority of the time you'll be the underdog when you call with AK. Any pair has you beat, and the chance that the pair is AA or KK, you are really beat. So really the only hope you have is that the person has AK also.

JDErickson
08-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Agreed, they don't call it the Wlking Back to Houston hadn for nothing.

In the 2 situations I did go all in with AK I think I was correct. Both times Player that had AA was in the BB and everyone else had folded to me. I make a reasonable bet, he makes a little bigger bet and I assume a steal is in the works. I go all in to see the AA.

Jim