PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Twins!!

cardsharkdave
08-04-2003, 12:10 PM
In some of our home games one of my friends brought over these brothers. They seemed like nice guys after playing a few times but it seemed like one of them was particularly lucky. We were playing a NL tourney and my friend Marcus held K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Marcus raised pre-flop and one of the brothers calls.

Flop:K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Marcus raises to all-in and the brother looks at the dealer (his brother) and slightly nods.He then calls.

Turn:6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

River:6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Marcus shows his Two-Pair.
The Twin Turns over Full Boat Sixes full of twos.

Marcus just figured it was a bad beat and extremely lucky for the twin.

The next time we played with them I caught the dealer (his brother)cheating again. I looked at him because he brought the cards below the table. He then proceeded to place two nines where the turn and river would come. This was all while the twin was decifering wether to call marcus' all-in raise. Once again, the nod was given and he called. I stood up and pointed out the cheating bitch. But all of those nieve people laughed at me including Marcus. When the turn and river came two nines gave the child three of a kind over marcus' two pair. Marcus was furious and I think he may have caught on. Because theyre supposedly his friends he didnt say anything until after they left. We now found out that the dealing twin admits to stacking against Marcus.

My advice to home game players out there, get an all-time dealer if possible. And make sure he has no reason to cheat.

What do you think about that situation?

rkiray
08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Sounds like they need to work on their cheating. Figure out nonverbal signs less obvious than nodding. That said, I'd never play in another game with them. They might get better. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

asdf1234
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
If I were Marcus, I would be kicking their asses, but that's beside the point. I don't care whose friends they are, you kick them out of the house and never invite them again. How obvious can you be? Bringing the deck below the table, and somehow calling an all-in raise with bottom pair and an undercard kicker?

zuluking
08-04-2003, 01:36 PM
They should consier themselves lucky they don't play in South Louisiana. The last guy we caught cheating (about 2 years now) we broke his left arm and collar bone, then divided his chips amoungst the players.

Aces McGee
08-04-2003, 01:46 PM
I can't believe these guys went ahead with the cheat even after you accused them of it. And that no one seemed to believe you, even after the nines came.

These guys are horrible cheaters, too. The nodding is one thing. Another is doing it with a hand like 62. Why would anyone call an all-in bet on a KQ2 board with a pair of deuces?

Aces McGee

Tosh
08-04-2003, 01:47 PM
I'd break they're sodding legs. Least of all see them cheating and then let them get away with taking my mates money. If you said the next 2 cards would be 99 before that came up then there was noway they could have gotten away with it.

Anyway it sounds like they were totally terrible at it and pretty thick as well.

slamdunkpro
08-04-2003, 01:58 PM
If someone cheats at our home games - they're out forever period. If we suspect cheating or signaling we just don't invite them back. Plus we have a fairly large network of home games and the word goes out.

We have a no cards off or below the table policy.

MrDannimal
08-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Seems like the easy solution is to not let the dealer take the deck below the table for 30 seconds at a clip. Jeez.

cardsharkdave
08-04-2003, 02:01 PM
All of your suggestions have been used. Thanks for the input.

onegymrat
08-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Dave,
Did you guys just throw them out or were there more drama after? In a typical setting, I'm thinking there would be some displays of violence.