PDA

View Full Version : Super System II???

jujujaja34
08-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Last week while watching a little of the 100-200 game at Pokerstars I was watching some chat when an interesting comment came up. Daniel Negreanu said that Doyle Brunson was, along with a number of other players, is in the process of writing a follow-up to Super System. Most notably (at least to myself), Daniel said Jennifer Harmon is writing the section on limit holdem. Can anyone confirm or deny?

whiskeytown
08-04-2003, 01:49 AM
no clue...but if it's true, it's the greatest news in Poker...as much of SS is out of date. - ESP. the limit holdem part....

I CAN tell you that Daniel N. is on very good terms with Jennifer Harmon. (as opposed to Annie Duke...who's nasty bare feet were on ESPN last night....) so if Jennifer Harmon told him that...I'm 99% certain it'd have to be true.

RB

Howard Burroughs
08-04-2003, 08:45 AM
FWIW, Mike Caro told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago at the Orleans in Vegas. Though he did not mention who Doyle's new expert co-writers would be.

Best of Luck

Howard

hillbilly
08-04-2003, 09:13 AM
i didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but i've signed on to give the "weak tight" advice, and negotiations are under way to get elysium signed on as well but (whew) he is driving a hard bargain, heh.

Dentist
08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
I guess the poker book market must be as good or better than the acutal playing poker part..

I mean, Jennifer is young and she wants to divulge all her secrets? Or will it just be a rehash of stuff we've already read...

The only way I'd buy this is if they can get Ted Forrest to do stud and razz... then it would be an EPIC book. Ted's the man.

Al Mirpuri
08-04-2003, 11:57 AM
A book, Poker Wisdom Of A Champion, by Doyle Brunson is listed on Amazon.com as due for publication this year. I posted about it in the books forum. Nobody picked up the ball and ran with it. Quite to the contrary, someone suggested it was a new edition of Supersystem. I thought he was referring to the fact that Supersystem was in paperback after all these years. I thought him wrong so kept quiet. I'm glad there seems to be so much evidence suggesting a new tome by Doyle Brunson et al.