PDA

View Full Version : When do you tap your bankroll?

Fitz
08-03-2003, 10:01 PM
This is a question for those who are fortunate enough to be long term winners. I've been a winner over the long term, but unfortunately, I've had to tap my bankroll a few times along the way. I've recently made some changes in my life that will mean no more tapping of the bankroll should be necessary(exit one spend happy girlfriend!).

I am now watching it grow steadily, in part thanks to some of the games on Party. It will soon exceed any need I have for online games; I'm really not comfortable playing online above 3/6 maybe 5/10. How do you guys manage this? Do you pay yourself a quarterly dividend if the bankroll is healthy? Do you resize it once a year? Do you wait until there is enough there to buy a new toy? One thing to note, my poker bankroll is just that, for poker; living expenses and other things are more than covered by my regular income.

Thanks for the advice, and good luck all,

Vehn
08-03-2003, 10:09 PM
I have a set bankroll of 333.3 big bets for live play and 200 (currently) for online play. When I get over that I give the excess to my spend happy girlfriend. Kind of the point of playing, huh? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

youtalkfunny
08-11-2003, 05:40 AM
You've got more money than you need to play $3-6?

Then play $5-10. There isn't as big a difference in quality of opposition as you seem to think there is.

Good luck.

Billy LTL
08-11-2003, 07:30 AM
It depends how high you want to play. I recently took online winnings to finance a nice long holiday. I had been playing 10-20 or 15-30. Now I'm playing 5-10 and 3-6. Not for too long I hope. Best of luck, Billy

lefty rosen
08-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Once you know that you can regularly beat a game and ride out statistically bad runs, with the roll you have you can even pay yourself weekly. Now I have seen other players create monster rolls, that could buy new cars cash, or a house out in the country, to me unless you are serious high limit online player, that's not necessary and will lead you to pontentially cut into the roll by diving into a limit that is out of your depth........