PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Hand

tap
08-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Normal game. Some Tpp's (tight passive player) Some Lap's (loose aggressive player) and some Lpp's (loose passive player). Not hard to get a read on many players. Great game if you cards just are luke warm. Anyway, I have maybe played 10 percent on my hands all night and raised 90 percent of the time pre-flop. I get AQ off utg, I raise or fold this type of hand depending on the game, since this game is basically soft I raise and get 1 caller (mp) and get reraised by a Lap (lp). I call so does the other caller. Flop comes AA4 rainbow. I bet out, caller folds Lap raises I reraise Lap calls. Turn brings a 9 (suit does not matter). I bet Lap calls. River brings a 6 I bet Lap raises I call and lose. Any replys on what you might think the Lap has. I will post the reslts later.

elysium
08-03-2003, 08:13 PM
hi tap
whatever he has, it's not AK. he's got A6o or 66. i know he doesn't have AK because i've never read a post in which the poster asks us to take a guess and the answer be something sane his opponent may have been betting like that. AK is sane, so that's not it.

but AQo tap......i read somewhere that doyle b. never plays it. i don't know if that's true or not, but i'm starting not to like the dang thing myself. i may start mucking it to a reasonable UTG limper, playing it as i would AJ or KQ, first in from LP. any raise along the way slows you down and when you win, unless it's the rare broadway, you never drag down a biggie. but i used to like it a little.