PDA

View Full Version : A good morning

johnd192
08-03-2003, 02:26 PM
Played 2/4 table after observing an orbit or two on it.
Lots of action I figure its the table for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1st hand (waited until I was in the BB to come in) -
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
MP calls LP calls Button calls, and SB completes. I check.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
sb checks, I check (bet?), mp checks, lp checks, button bets, sb folds, I call (check raise?), fold, fold.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet, button calls.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check (mistake I think), button checks.

He has 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ... YES!
The very next hand:
Im in the SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, folds, folds, folds, LP calls, Button calls, I raise, BB reraises, fold, fold, I call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet (should I have checked?) , he calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, he calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, he calls.

He has 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 hands later...
In 5th position Im dealt: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Utg calls, fold, fold, fold, I call, fold, fold, sb raises, bb folds, utg calls, I call.

flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif not a great flop.
sb check, utg check, I bet (for info), sb folds, utg calls.

turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
utg checks, I bet (good/bad??), he calls.

river: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
utg checks, I check (good/bad??)

UTG has A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif YES!
4 hands after that...
I'm UTG with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet (I know its not a great hand), 2nd raises (loose/aggr), 3rd position calls 2, Button calls 2, sb folds, BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (hmmmmm)
BB checks, I check (bad/good??), 2nd bets, 3rd calls, button calls, BB folds, I call (bad/good??)

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, 2nd raises (please no ace), 3rd calls, button calls, I call.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, 2nd bets, 3rd calls, button raises, I call even though I know I dont have the nut flush, 2nd calls, 3rd folds...

Button: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2nd: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Streaking!
2 hands later...
Im in the sb J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif (Im thinking what a run!)
UTG folds, fold, 3rd calls, fold, mp calls, fold, fold, I raise, bb calls (loose/aggr) , 3rd calls, mp calls.

flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (YES!)
I bet (good/bad??), bb raises, fold, fold, I reraise (thinking he doesnt have aa), bb caps, I call thinking I well maybe he does have AA.

turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif (now Im thinking he has AK)
I bet, BB raises, I reraise (good/bad?) , he caps, I call (thinking I dont have the best hand...and I start praying for a J /images/graemlins/club.gif

River: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, he bets, I call.

BB: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and my streak was over.
11 hands played, 4 flops seen,4 showdowns, 3 wins in about 15 mins. I figure its time to I log off after this hand, because I was just a touch miffed. I made 70ish bucks, but am still thinking about the last hand. Any comments on my play in that hand or any of the other hands?
Thanks in advance,
JD

DoubleG
08-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Looks like all in all a good first 15 minutes. On your first hand, you could have slowplayed the J's on the turn because no straight or flush yet. Bet the river when the 8 came w/ no help and put the decision on the Button. Most i can see is an extra 4 bucks. River 2 would have been nice.

I would not have bet into the last hand so much when the A came on the turn fearing only reason other guy stayed in was because he flopped 2 pair and made the boat. you should have been prepared to cap the turn anyway the way the guy was betting the flop. did you think his loose/aggr style would slowplay the AK preflop, or much more AA.

playing 2/4 ive flopped the A-high nut flush and am bet into all the way down to the river by a two pair who makes the boat. thats poker low limit.

rkiray
08-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Hand 1 : You played much too passive. I would bet on every round.

Hand 2 : I would have check raised the turn, or maybe the flop unless the opponent is passive.

Hand 3 : This hand is amazing. I would not play 77 unless two people had limped, but I admit that's a close play. sb surprizes me, if I raise preflop, I basically always bet the flop no matter what hits. I then don't understand why the BB doesn't bet (unless he fears a check raise which I would not expect unless sb is very tricky). I think both of your bets are correct, especially since you have position, but I think you got lucky (happens all the time of course).

Next hand. Bet the flop. Keep raising until it's capped if you can. With this many people in you are making money on a big draw when you bet or raise. Cap the turn if you can. Don't play like a wimp. Bet and try to cap the river. Second nut is good enough to do this with.

Once again I would check raise either the flop or the turn, but betting isn't too bad. I like the reraise. Best play you have made so far. Turn sucks for you. Bet is ok, I may or may not have done that, but I hate the reraise with 2 aces on the board. I would fold it when he caps the turn.

Interesting set of hands. Mostly because I would have played all of them differently than you.

johnd192
08-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Looking back on hand 5 I had watched him play A/rag and K/rag since I had been at the table. I probably should have guessed he hit his ace/rag when I reraised him. The turn should have clued me in faster. Thanks for your comments.

johnd192
08-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Hand 1: yeah I agree with you there.
Hand 2:
Hand 3: I was extremely lucky.
Hand 4: yeah I agree with the flop bet.
Hand 5: yeah reraise with 2 aces wasnt so good especially after he capped me on the flop.

Thanks for your comments.

Nottom
08-03-2003, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again I would check raise either the flop or the turn, but betting isn't too bad. I like the reraise. Best play you have made so far. Turn sucks for you. Bet is ok, I may or may not have done that, but I hate the reraise with 2 aces on the board. I would fold it when he caps the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding here is a mistake. People overplay aces all the time or his opponent could just as easily have 77 and a smaller boat. I think he played it fine. Maybe just call the raise after the flop capping, but folding is out of the question.

rkiray
08-03-2003, 07:18 PM
My bad. I misread the hand. I thought he had 3 of a kind, didn't notice the boat. Now his play makes much more sense. Sorry.

Ed Miller
08-04-2003, 08:14 AM
I would not play 77 unless two people had limped, but I admit that's a close play.

It's not close, you play 77 there. Didn't we already go through this about a month ago?

I was puzzled by the hand where you had the K-high flush. Why didn't you raise the turn or river? Did you not think you had the best hand?

johnd192
08-04-2003, 10:52 AM
I probably should have raised, but at the time I wasnt sure if I should raise with the 2nd nut flush.

DrSavage
08-04-2003, 11:32 AM
My thoughts on your hands :
1st hand : check/raise the flop. You likely have the best hand and you have to protect it.
2nd hand : i like it fine
3rd hand : clear fold preflop
4th hand : reasonable
5th hand : clear fold preflop, clear fold on flop

rkiray
08-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Hand 5, are you serious, fold JJ in the sb for 1/2 a bet. Fold when you flop trips? Can you explain your thinking here.

cardsharkdave
08-04-2003, 12:22 PM
There were a few isntances (first and second hand) where you should have check-raised the turn. You also got extremely lucky but your bettiing wasn't aggresive enough. That play reminded me of Robert Varkonyi... horrible. The guy needs a poker coach and still loses after getting AA twice in a row!

DrSavage
08-04-2003, 12:48 PM
My bad, i mixed up the order of all the hands. Here is the fixed order :
My thoughts on your hands :
1st hand : check/raise the flop. You likely have the best hand and you have to protect it.
2nd hand : i like it fine
3th hand : clear fold preflop, clear fold on flop
4rd hand : clear fold preflop
5th hand : reasonable

rkiray
08-04-2003, 01:05 PM
OK, this makes much more sense. I would also fold K6s UTG, but didn't bother to mention it since he admitted it was weak. I'm glad to see you agree with me on folding the 77.

Ed Miller
08-04-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm glad to see you agree with me on folding the 77.

That just makes two of you that are wrong. I know this forum has been shunning comments like these lately, but dude... this isn't close. 77 is way profitable after one limper in that spot. Stop folding this hand.

ElSapo
08-04-2003, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
77 is way profitable after one limper in that spot. Stop folding this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise?

Tosh
08-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Hand 1:
Bet the river.

Hand 2:
I don't think he would have bet so a check raise wasn't possible. Can't see how you could have got more money from this hand.

Hand 3:
I agree with your play. I think your opponent should have bet you out of the pot before the river though.

Hand 4:
I think you made several mistakes here. Firstly it should be folded pre flop. Once you're in and have turned the flush I'd cap the turn and bet the river. If you only bet with the absolute nuts you will cost yourself a lot of money.

Hand 5:
I think you played it fine. You're going to lose a lot of money but you have a massive hand so 9/10 you'll take down a big pot.

rkiray
08-04-2003, 05:49 PM
I don't think he would have bet so a check raise wasn't possible. Can't see how you could have got more money from this hand

Why do you assume this? He didn't say anything about the opponent. And he described the table as "lots of action". Therefore I would assume the other guy would bet unless he was one of the only passive players at the table.

Ed Miller
08-04-2003, 06:23 PM
The weaker the limper and the tighter the blinds, the more you should consider raising. Limping is fine, though. Folding is not.

Tosh
08-04-2003, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he would have bet so a check raise wasn't possible. Can't see how you could have got more money from this hand

Why do you assume this? He didn't say anything about the opponent. And he described the table as "lots of action". Therefore I would assume the other guy would bet unless he was one of the only passive players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're right I misread the hand. I agree a check raise would work here.