PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to 2+2 Publishing

PuppetMaster
08-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Lower the price on some of your less popular books such as Getting The Best of It, Gambling Theory and Other Topics, Poker Essays, Gambling For A Living.
These books don't seem to be selling very well, atleast on Amazon. I think the less serious players are unwilling to shell out that kind of money for one book, ecspecially when it is more of a general nature as oppposed to HEFAP or TOP, AND costs more.
---Just a suggestion, keep up the good work.

Mason Malmuth
08-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi Teddy:

First, since these are specialty books, we think they are priced correctly right at the moment. However, even if we wanted to lower them it's not that easy. All the prices are in our distribution system, and getting Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Waldenbooks, etc. to change a price to a different one just doesn't work that smoothly and may actually cause disruptions in our product flow.

By the way. We are happy with the sales of these books. You need to keep in mind that we have a lot of titles and it's hard for new players to buy and read them all no matter what their price. On the other hand, if you want to improve your game as much and as fast as possible, they are worth the investment.

Best wishes,
Mason

Phat Mack
08-04-2003, 04:00 AM
I don't know if you missed it, but they had a great internet sale a year ago that made their obscure titles more than reasonable. Maybe they'll have another one.

Miah
08-04-2003, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Teddy:

First, since these are specialty books, we think they are priced correctly right at the moment. However, even if we wanted to lower them it's not that easy. All the prices are in our distribution system, and getting Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Waldenbooks, etc. to change a price to a different one just doesn't work that smoothly and may actually cause disruptions in our product flow.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience, the only one of these places where you stand a remote chance of walking in and finding anyhting other than HEFAP, TOP, and TPFAP is Borders, and there are plenty of Borders without these titles. Will there be more of a precense of 2+2 books in these other retailers sometime in the near future?

Andy B
08-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Borders does have the best selection of 2+2 books, and has for a while. Barnes and Noble has, of late, been better about keeping them in stock, and they'll order anything that they don't have on hand.

Mason Malmuth
08-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Hi Miah:

The answer is yes. We have just received a large order from Walden, and our wholesaler (who supplies B&N) for us keeps ordering in large amounts. Part of the problem is that we are having trouble keeping up with demand, but hope to get that corrected in a few weeks.

Best wishes,
Mason

MrDannimal
08-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Given the choice between having trouble keeping up with demand and drowning in backstock, I know what I'm choosing...

Keep up the good work, Mason and Co.