PDA

View Full Version : Mickelson Ain't No Inkster, Either

07-08-2002, 03:11 PM
How many majors would The Phold have won had he shot the low score on Sunday? While you're counting, be sure to think about whether he would've beaten Faldo in the playoff at the '96 Master's....

I actually think the '96 PGA is where PM started going wrong; he was the leader halfway thru Sat., then blew up. The leaderboard was fairly unimpressive, to put it mildly; a still underachieving Vijay being the biggest name I can recall.

Phil couldn't have caught Nick Price at the '94 PGA, but he could've shown much more at the '95 US Open.

As for Inkster, her situation was almost identical to PM's at Bethpage. Except for the tiny detail that she was already in the HOF w/six prev major wins, that is. I wonder if anyone, ever, has putted better in a final round or overall in a major. No 3-putts, 35 1-putts. I know Tiger didn't have a 3-putt at the '97 Master's.

Inkster could've had a 64 or 63 w/a lil luck; lipout on 1, bad break on 17. Annika had the yips, too, unfort'ly. An 18 hole playoff btwn those two on that course woulda been special, as would one btwn Tiger & Phold @ Bethpage.