PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up match win percentage info..

Daliman
08-03-2003, 12:21 AM
For people who play in No-Limit Heads-up matches either live or online, exactly what is a good winning %? At first I thought that 80% and up was reasonable, but i'm finding that to be unrealistic unless you are a world-class player, and even then it would be tough. I'm mainly talking about $20 matches at least, since I think at lower levels than that it probably gets too silly. It seems to me 65-70% is about the upper boundary otherwise. Please give any ideas, however, also, please post your record HU.

37-27, 57.8%

arod4276
08-03-2003, 04:01 AM
Daliman I assume youre venturing into the world of heads up no limit. I'm sure you know the variance can be huge in this environment. Good luck and let me know how its going. Hope to see you back at the limit tables soon.

arod

crockpot
08-03-2003, 05:08 AM
unless your opponents are passive i think you would have a very hard time maintaing a win percentage over 65%. the reasoning is a corollary to david sklansky's essay about the power of moving in preflop in Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. if your opponent is content to win 40% of the matches, all he has to do is move all in every hand as long as the blinds are at a somewhat significant level.

at the $20 and higher level i think you're not going to find too many timid players in heads-up freezeouts. if you have good card-reading skills and play well heads-up, i see no reason you can't put up a long-term win percentage a little over 60.