PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys, I Tried: Mohegan Sun Cardroom

Jeffage
08-02-2003, 12:40 PM
My correspondence with Mohegan on this issue:

Subject: Poker Room Closing

Hello,

My name is XXXX and I would like to drop you a line about the coming closure of your poker room. I very much enjoy playing there when I am in Connecticut...it is a class operation with good players, service, and great action. I think closing the room to put in slots because they are more profitable per square foot is shortsighted...many people come to your property to play poker but end up playing table games and slots also.

Poker players are loyal, regular customers who often bring their non-poker playing family members with them. I would ask that you reconsider your stance on this issue.

Thank you,
Jeff

Their Response:
Thank you for your email expressing your concern regarding the closing of the Mohegan Sun Poker Room effective September 2, 2003. The Poker market in Connecticut is simply not large enough to accommodate two Poker Rooms. It
was a difficult decision but one we felt was necessary to make.

It is our sincere hope that you will continue to visit us and take advantage of all the other wonderful entertainment and gaming we have available to all our guests. Whether it is our world class Arena or Caberet shows, fine dining, Four Star hotel or slots and table games, we hope that
you will continue to visit with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again very soon.

Joe Tall
08-02-2003, 12:54 PM
The Poker market in Connecticut is simply not large enough to accommodate two Poker Rooms

This is the stupidest statement I've heard in a long time. Who's up top making these decisions? All I gotta say is 'Walk 9 miles and look how long the lists are!'

Uston
08-02-2003, 02:38 PM
I just received a form letter from Mohegan Sun this afternoon. It's exactly the same as the reply you received.

Personally, the closing doesn't concern me. They don't spread the 10/20 often enough, especially during weekday afternoons, and, despite my efforts, I can't tolerate stud.

Spartacus
08-02-2003, 03:22 PM
All of us who have played in Mohegan's poker room probably got the same letter as I got mine today. Do they actually believe the BS they are shovelling or just assume that gamblers, pardon me, POKER PLAYERS, are so gullible they would believe such nonsense? It is just out and out greed! Cut out 100 or so salaries and benefit packages to increase their overall net profit. Anyone who has visited Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods knows all to well that they make more money than God there so why insult us with such a letter? Please.....

Michael Davis
08-02-2003, 04:37 PM
No wonder why my prayers for money have gone unanswered. I need to be praying to the Mohegan Sun.

MMMMMM
08-02-2003, 07:21 PM
^

JTG51
08-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't expect that any amount of signatures will change their mind.

The letter is ridiculous though. I was at Foxwoods last night. There were 5 2/4 games, 5 4/8 games, 5 5/10 kill games, 3 10/20 games, 3 20/40 games, and a pot limit game going all night. At 8 PM there were 120 names on the 2/4 list and 90 on the 4/8 list. I didn't bother counting, but there were even more stud games going.

It's hard to believe they can say there aren't enough players to support two rooms with a straight face.