PDA

View Full Version : why are pokerstars players so loyal?

crockpot
08-02-2003, 12:08 AM
this is kind of an offshoot of another post i recently made in the internet forum.

here is my logic: of all the sites out there, pokerstars is the tightest (with the possible exception of paradise at some times), the worst about giving deposit bonuses, the hardest place to clear deposit bonuses when they do give them, and the server most often accused of being rigged to promote frequent drawouts. their player rewards program is nothing special.

so with the exception of the $200 tourney players and the $100-$200 players, why do so many people not flee pokerstars for another site? do any of the stars players here want to enlighten me on this one?

tiltboy
08-02-2003, 12:10 AM
Free hats?

whiskeytown
08-02-2003, 12:13 AM
because it was the first place we got GREAT multitable tournament action. Remember - at the time many of us came from Paradise and the one table action.

Multi Table tourneys all day long.....and that's why they're the premiere tourney site.

Now for my ring games, Party is my new fav. but for realistic tourneys (I mean antes in NL) - it's PS

plus...I think it was the first site I can recall to give you your own icon and player notes...most of the other sites followed...why play at a follower when you can play with an innovator.

RB

HavanaBanana
08-02-2003, 01:06 AM
I don't know if they are more Loyal, but software is great, support is quick and knowledgeable.
Look at party/Empire support, when the new flow of players finds stars, they will stop playing party.
And points store is pretty good too.

kdog
08-02-2003, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Free hats?

[/ QUOTE ]
They give out free hats? Damn,I never got one.

Frozen
08-02-2003, 09:51 PM
*Tourney action! No other site even comes close to stars' selection of multi-table tourneys.

*$300 NL sit&go's....nobody else has them.

*Heads up freezouts...stars was first with this, now pair a dice is scrambling to copy them. Dice still only offers HE, not o8.

*Great software & support. Nice big buttons & dull earth tone colors that don't hurt the eyes.

*Higher limits. 30-60 HE and o8.

*Great promos.... 20% deposit bonus specials, and free WCOOP sats for FPP's.

Overall, stars is by far my fave place to play...online or otherwise.

crockpot
08-02-2003, 11:58 PM
i hear you on that.

what i would like to see is a site that combines the software and support team of paradise/stars and the action of party/empire/ub.

any new sites look promising?

thomastem
08-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Ok I hear all the rave about the multis but how profitable are these multis. Is there enough dead money to be more profitable than a ring at Party. Tonight I saw 8 players cap pre-flop on a $3-$6 table.

cero_z
08-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Hi crock,
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but Pokerstars are not that tough to beat IMO. I play 15-30 to 30-60, and the $1000 (or sometimes $500) NL Heads up SitnGos, and I would expect the best players on the site to frequent these games as well. I believe that most pros who can beat 15-30 B&M games for a BB/hour can beat all of these games significantly. Granted, PartyPoker is just ridiculous right now, so one is better off playing 15-30 there for the time being. Understand that I'm not claiming to be a great player; I'm just a decent player, and decent players should be consistent winners at the games I mentioned.

crockpot
08-03-2003, 05:10 AM
that's one of the things i was curious about. i know that stars runs a lot of tourneys and has a better ante/blind structure than any other site, but having compared the players in these tourneys to the big ones on UB and party, it just seems like the stars players are a lot tougher.

MrGo
08-03-2003, 08:57 AM
I find Stars' players to be tougher. Party games are very soft and profitable...it's great.

But why am I loyal to Stars? Tournaments can not be beat anywhere; customer service is second to none; I love the graphics and the speed of the cards dealt; many games/tables to choose from; and they sent me a free hat and t-shirt when I asked for one. No questions asked on their part. Plus their FPP's are very good for the players.

Hung
08-03-2003, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and they sent me a free hat and t-shirt when I asked for one. No questions asked on their part. Plus their FPP's are very good for the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have said that. Because now I'm gonna ask them too. Let's see if I get one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mbpoker
08-03-2003, 09:47 AM
>of all the sites out there, pokerstars is the tightest (with the possible exception of paradise at some times), the worst about giving deposit bonuses, the hardest place to clear deposit bonuses when they do give them, and the server most often accused of being rigged to promote
frequent drawouts. their player rewards program is nothing special.

>why do so many people not flee pokerstars for another site?

Because none of the above is true.

Stars is the most innovative site. They were first to introduce stats, players' notes, pics, great multitable tourneys, 2-table sit & go tourneys, time bank, and more.

They give more money back to players than any other site - just don't advertise it too much.

They are the easiest place to clear bonuses because there is no time limit.

Their shuffle is fair despite accusations. Anybody who really looked found nothing.

Players are very loose, not tight - especially at 100-200 tables.

The graphics is good, the software is fast and reliable, the support is quick and helpful.

That's why.

I want my hat :-)

Lester Burnham
08-03-2003, 07:29 PM
how do the FPP's work ?

Hung
08-04-2003, 06:42 AM
They are the easiest place to clear bonuses because there is no time limit.

Have you ever tried other bonuses?
I have only tried three sites, 4 if you consider empire and party as sepperate sites. You can clear a bonus at party/empire in 1 day. UB is a bit harder. But the bonus on stars is the hardest to get. That's why there's no time limit. Your FPP does not go up very fast when playing small games.

And I think the players are loyal, because they're playing on a big site with a lot of players and games. Everyone will find something that he/she will like. The software is good. The new champ was born on stars. Support is really good.

how do the FPP's work ?
You've to play a lot of raked hands and you'll get FFP's. With those FFP's you'll be able to play tournaments or buy presents.

mbpoker
08-04-2003, 10:09 AM
If you play 2/4 or higher I saw no difference with Party, except that on Party you have to qualify in one month. Paradise now requires 1,000 raked hands which is much more than Stars. I don't have UB experience.

Hung
08-04-2003, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play 2/4 or higher I saw no difference with Party, except that on Party you have to qualify in one month. Paradise now requires 1,000 raked hands which is much more than Stars. I don't have UB experience.

[/ QUOTE ]
To clear a $50 bonus (come back bonus) I had to play 500 raked hands. Which I did in two short sessions.
At stars I played at least a few thousands hands to get the same bonus.