08-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Hi all

Three time, I've got Kings, three time I go all-in with them before the flop
First 76s, 77/23, straight on the turn
Second, T6o (three handed and he reraised me) 86/14, hum, you know what comes
Third, more classical, agaisnt Queens, 82/18, queen on the flop
For the three hands, I'm in average a 80/20 favorite
Where are the math in pokerstars ?
If I'm right, correct me if it's false, the chance I lose with theses kings against theses hands three time in a row are 0.2 * 0.2 *0.2, 0.008, around 1%
I don't think Pokerstars is rigged, but if I have this kind of bad beat one more time, will have to ask them
I'm not whining, I'm still playing on Stars, just have a bad taste in the mouth

tiltboy
08-01-2003, 11:47 PM
I'll save you some grief Bubblegum and tell you now, "nobody cares." I think most readers here have heard bad beat stories until they could scream.

Try submitting it to RockLobster at www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com)

crockpot
08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
even for a veteran listener to bad beats like myself, this sounded pretty bad...until i noticed the word stars.

if you're playing at stars and aren't used to this by now, you just aren't very observant.

i was actually the beneficiary of the worst stars hand i've seen. when on tilt at 7-stud, i was playing J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (x) even though my nines were clearly beaten and at least five spades were visibly dead. i proceeded to catch K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. the funniest part was that some guy showing TT33 was capping it on the river, and after i showed down my hand, he disgustedly showed down a low flush! i mean, really, when someone is raising your open two pair, doesn't it ever occur to you that a low flush is not a hand you want to cap with?

that said, let me just say that as a veteran of many online sites, i see absolutely no reason to play at stars. the games are tight, the deposit bonuses are virtually nonexistent (and when they do come they're hard to clear without losing more than the bonus itself), the servers are constantly accused of being crooked...why do people stay at stars?