PDA

View Full Version : Worst hand I played all night

ArchAngel71857
08-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Just did a trip to Horseshoe in Tunica. 4/8 for four hours. ended up -4BB/hour, nmostly because of this hand. It was one of thsoe nights where i play in 11-15 pots, win 4 of them, no big whoop. Anyway, I feel i played very well the whole night except for this hand.

In the BB with AKo (suits are irrelevant). 2 or 3 limped ot me, SB completes, and I raise, CO calls, SB 3-bets I call, CO calls.

Flop comes K Q 6. SB bets, I raise, CO cold calls, SB 3-bets, i re-raise, CO calls, SB re-reaises, I call, CO Calls.

Turn comes 8. SB bets, I call, CO raises, SB and I call.

River brick. SB bets, I call, CO calls.

I can spot several mistakes in this hand. Wonder what other people think. My read on CO was that he played a lot of trash hands, any AKQJ. the first hand at the table i was in BB with A8s, when i turned the flush, he made his full hose of 4's over two, after a two-bet pf. that started me down for the night, but i watched him and was very LP. SB was a little different he sat down across from me, busted out bought back in. I saw him play with more discretion, but still some trash, and he would play more aggresively. I beat him with QQ and played it near perfect ( a post coming soon, want to see what people make of it). Semi-bluffed him on an open ended straight draw, to which he three-bet with rags. So i put him as a loose aggressive, but he wasn't an absolute maniac, but if he is in a pot, he's in it to the river. I can put him on several hands here, and one of them is correct. Let me know what youthink.

-AA

slavic
08-01-2003, 06:23 PM
I'll guess CO has K8

And BB has AK, AA or QQ, KQs (not likely)

After all that betting I'm thinking of laying this down on the turn, but if you read them as wild then get to the river cheap. 5 bets on the flop tells me TPTK no good.

Mike Gallo
08-01-2003, 08:11 PM
I will analyze this hand a street at a time. I have not read the entire post yet.

In the BB with AKo (suits are irrelevant). 2 or 3 limped ot me, SB completes, and I raise, CO calls, SB 3-bets I call, CO calls.

What did you put the SB on to make that maneuver. He completed then raised you. Did you pay attention to this players betting patterns? Would he make this maneuver with pocket 7'-10's in order to isolate? Would he make this manuever with pocket J's-A's? If he has Jacks or Queens you are behind but can catch up. If he has Aces you are way behind and if he has Kings you need an Ace. Why didn't you cap it? Did you consider that he could also hold the same hand?

Flop comes K Q 6. SB bets, I raise, CO cold calls, SB 3-bets, i re-raise, CO calls, SB re-reaises, I call, CO Calls. Given this action have some concerns. Look at all of those cards in the playing zone. The lead bettor coud easily have flopped a set. You have the cutoff who has cold called along. The cutoff could have AJ J10 910 and flopped a straight draw. He should get paid if he hits it.

Turn comes 8. SB bets, I call, CO raises, SB and I call.

Oh boy,the sb might go for the river check raise if he has top set. The cutoffs raise would really cause me to scratch my head. I think I would feel obligated to raise there. Unless he slow played a monster hand, I want to raise to see if he turned a set. Stupid move, however if he reraises and the sb calls or reraises, I would most likely fold.

River brick. SB bets, I call, CO calls

Holy role reversal Batman!! The sb leads and the cutoff just calls. Hmm....

I put the SB on KQ and the cutoff with 88. We know you lost because you gave that away before you posted the hand.

I can spot several mistakes in this hand. The cutoff overcalled with his middle set. You failed to reraise on the turn.

Why did you make the crying call on the river? If you didnt fold did you go for the overall?