PDA

View Full Version : skillpoker.com - a pipe dream?

PokerPaul
08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
looks like the old poker.com organization is trying to launch an online pokersite from the states. They are calling it a skill rather than luck, so it should not be considered gambling.

If that were the case, no one should ever suffer a suckout where the pot odds did not justify the other player calling, otherwise the person with the 'skill' would end up losing the hand, and the one with 'luck' winning.

Wonder if US will let them get by with this....

lefty rosen
08-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah and sites such as Party and Pacific would be banned forever! ROFLMAO..........

BBill
08-01-2003, 11:07 PM
I actually thought the skillpoker was offering a variation of poker that assured that the best cards played properly would be judged the winner (lol) SO I opened up a play $$ account there (which is all they offer) to see what it was all about. I didn't have enough play money to get into the 20/40 game that was going on. There was another player at a 5/10 table which I joined and played HU for a while. As I found out it was just poker! Oh, and the other player turned out to be none other than Mike Haven!
Its an okay site running similar software to pokerclub but skill is "not" enforced as mike can testify as to my play /images/graemlins/smile.gif