PDA

View Full Version : Loose Aggressive Opponents

Sal Allegra
08-01-2003, 05:11 AM
How do you play loose aggressive opponents, especially short handed, I've read Holdem for advanced short handed section, but I feel that is too lose, Raising doesn't do crap because no one folds their blinds, I can't tell when their bluffing me, any suggestions, or personal experience?

rkiray
08-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Don't play in short handed games with LAGs. Their style is perfect for short handed. Plays that would be too aggressive in a full game are great short handed. Find a better game.

DesertEagle
08-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Excellent advice!!!

If you're a tight/agressive player (like I try to be) then you're not going to do very well short-handed against a loose/agressive player unless you've got an excellent read on him. Find a new game, or wait until the table fills up. If the loose player continues to play loose when the table does fill up (as I find many of them do), then you'll be glad he's in your game.

However, if the loose/agressive player is also a very weak player, then you might consider staying. This isn't my type of game, but you can make $$ playing against any weak player, regardless of his playing style, and long as you make the necessary changes in your own game...

Good luck!!

Jeff

King_J
08-01-2003, 04:01 PM
...but my wins comes from the loose passive players. I just hate to play against LAG´s and I dont play them more.

rkiray
08-01-2003, 05:41 PM
That's fine, I didn't say not to play shorthanded. Just don't play SH with LAGs. Game selection is extremely important. And if you have on-line accounts with 2 or 3 different sites you should never have a problem finding a good game.

Aragorn
08-02-2003, 02:30 AM
I would put it a little differently. Loose, aggressive play is correct play in short-handed games. So you are likely playing a good player if he is loose, aggressive.

On the other hand, that is why short-handed is a lot of fun to play. There is a ton of action. If you haven't done it, watch some of the high-stakes heads-up play around for a while. It is pretty entertaining. (I play heads up, but for much more modest stakes than the $300/$600 games I have seen.)

Sal Allegra
08-02-2003, 03:17 AM
Thanks for all the help guys