PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a Canadian...

DesertEagle
07-31-2003, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone!!

I live in Canada, and I've been playing online for a year or so now, at Pokerroom.com first, and then at Party Poker.

I'm looking to sign up at a new online poker site, and I'm looking for reasonably loose games, and a healthy sign-up bonus.

can anyone recommend 3 or 4 good sites (that allow Canadians), with reasonably good games, a decent bonus, and reliable pay-outs??

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Why would a site not allow Canadians? Fear that a hockey game might break out?

lefty rosen
07-31-2003, 02:15 PM
The pokerclub.com doesn't allow Canadians, but every other site I know of only allows Canadians.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Do you know why? I know Ladbrokes doesn't allow Americans, but that's to keep from running afoul of the US banking industry and the IRS. Since I know of nothing governmental in Canada that's equivalent, I'm at a loss why this would be true.

DesertEagle
07-31-2003, 02:43 PM
I don't know why, but back in the early days of online poker I've heard stories about online poker-rooms accepting deposits from Canadian customers, then refusing to send pay-outs to Canada...

I just didn't want to make a healthy deposit at one of these places, then not be able to get it back...

Now that I know most of them accept Canadian players, can u guys recommened a good place to start?

thanks...

Jeff

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-31-2003, 04:31 PM
Paradise Poker, PokerStars, Party Poker

rusty JEDI
07-31-2003, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would a site not allow Canadians? Fear that a hockey game might break out?

[/ QUOTE ]

They claim to have a server based in Canada.