PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Nancy-Girl????

Jeffro
07-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Paradise 2-4

UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, I reraise in CO with KK, Button calls, blinds fold, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.
*** FLOP *** : [ 4h 7c Qs ]
UTG+1 checks, I bet, button folds, UTG+1 calls.
*** TURN *** : [ 4h 7c Qs ] [ Qh ]
UTG+1 bets, I call.
*** RIVER *** : [ 4h 7c Qs Qh ] [ 3c ]
UTG+1 bets, I call.

rkiray
07-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Looks routine to me. Did you post it because you lost to a Q?

RockLobster
07-31-2003, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise 2-4

UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, I reraise in CO with KK, Button calls, blinds fold, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.
*** FLOP *** : [ 4h 7c Qs ]
UTG+1 checks, I bet, button folds, UTG+1 calls.
*** TURN *** : [ 4h 7c Qs ] [ Qh ]
UTG+1 bets, I call.
*** RIVER *** : [ 4h 7c Qs Qh ] [ 3c ]
UTG+1 bets, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nancy--

Just kidding. I would raise the turn: if he 3-bets, call it down. If not 3-bet, ensure there's a bet on the river.

Take care--

J.R.
07-31-2003, 04:34 PM
I think raising the turn is foolish. If he has a Q you lose 2 extra bets in your scenario, but if he is bluffing you ensure you win the minimum. Your strategy only seems sound if he is semi-bluffing hearts or overplaying TT or JJ and continues to do so. You have position, so you can ensure a bet goes in on the river. I see no value in a turn raise here- no worse hand will call, unless the lead bet on the turn is a semi-bluffed draw (which I see as unlikely given the UTG+1 raise [unless AhKh]), and a Q charges you 3 bets.

Uston
07-31-2003, 07:44 PM
When it's heads-up, I really like to avoid spots where I may fold the best hand. This is a spot where I'd sometimes fold if re-raised on the turn. If this guy will only re-raise with a queen or better, fine, but there are a growing number of online players who are re-raising in these spots with nothing more than a heart draw.

Vehn
07-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Raise the river.

RockLobster
07-31-2003, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think raising the turn is foolish. If he has a Q you lose 2 extra bets in your scenario, but if he is bluffing you ensure you win the minimum. Your strategy only seems sound if he is semi-bluffing hearts or overplaying TT or JJ and continues to do so. You have position, so you can ensure a bet goes in on the river. I see no value in a turn raise here- no worse hand will call, unless the lead bet on the turn is a semi-bluffed draw (which I see as unlikely given the UTG+1 raise [unless AhKh]), and a Q charges you 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JR--

Thanks for explaining the above, I see your point. My default play would be a turn raise, you seem to have pointed out a weakness that I wasn't aware of...

Take care--