PDA

View Full Version : Specific Tell - how would you adjust

elwoodblues
07-31-2003, 11:45 AM
I was watching a table at Canterbury the other day prior to being called to sit down. I was standing behind a player and noticed a pretty big tell. The player would look at the first card, then if it was lower than a 10 wouldn't even look at the second card and muck the hand. Unfortunately, I was called for a different table and wasn't able to use the information to my advantage. However, my thoughts were that this guy was obviously playing WAY too tightly (no pocket pairs lower than 10's, no suited connectors below 10J, no Axs below A10s).

I'm fairly new to hold 'em and was wondering what specific strategies you would take against someone like this...what would be your calling/raising requirements. Would you bluff more against this guy if the flop came rags below 10?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

RockLobster
07-31-2003, 04:03 PM
I guess I'd tend to respect his raises on a scary board, and if there were others like him at the table I'd change tables.

Aragorn
07-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Bluffing would depend. Would he call with 2 overcards? Would he keep calling on the turn? If so, forget the bluffs. If not, take 2 shots at him.

JTG51
08-01-2003, 01:07 AM
I certainly wouldn't raise to isolate him with hands like KJ after he limped in like I would with loose limpers.

CrackerZack
08-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't be overly concerned if the flop came with 88 or lower, I'd dismiss him having trips immediately.