PDA

View Full Version : QQ, King on the flop

anatta
07-31-2003, 05:59 AM
8-16 live. 2 limpers. These guys are loose, losing players, but not horrible. I raise with black QQ in cuttoff. BB calls and limpers call. 4 way.

Flop K63 2 diamonds. Checked to me, I bet. BB folds, the 2 limpers call. Turn is Tc. Check to me again. I bet. 1St Limper check raises, 2nd calls, and I fold.

With 2 opponents calling this flop, would you bet the turn here on this K rag rag board?

Joe Tall
07-31-2003, 07:05 AM
I like the fold. Looks as if you ran into a KT limper and he checked raised his 2 pair. I would have played it the same way.

Peace,
Larry Joe

SoBeDude
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
You have to bet the turn.

Given that you were check-raised, the fold is a good fold.

-Scott

Nottom
07-31-2003, 11:29 AM
If the flush draw wasn't there I might check behind, but I would bet the turn in this spot most of the time.

anatta
07-31-2003, 01:18 PM
I think you are right, without the flush draw, you probably should check the turn here. These 2 guys are not calling stations, and play decently after the flop. They just are too loose. As it was, I was hoping they both were on diamonds, but I thought it unlikely when they both called the flop since the first limper, the one who check raised the turn, would probably bet out on the flop.

The second limper made a flush with Td9d. First limper had KJo. Aggressive SOB! I later got in a short handed game with these two and one other, and gave back $100 of a nice win before I quit. No edge for me shorthanded.

Question: If my flop bet was called by all three players, and they check to me, do you still fire again on the turn? At what point do you put decent players on a king? Remember the flop is King high with 2 little cards, and a flush draw. Four players?