PDA

View Full Version : Bush to lay the smackdown to Gay marriages

Clarkmeister
07-31-2003, 02:02 AM
Says he is going to introduce legislation outlawing gay marriages. Seriously. Doesn't he have more important things to worry about? I mean, are we really at risk of losing our social fabric because of a rash of gay marriages? GMAFB.

adios
07-31-2003, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Says he is going to introduce legislation outlawing gay marriages. Seriously. Doesn't he have more important things to worry about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how much time he has to spend on the issue but I agree that this is an issue that he need not be very involved with. It's unfortunate to say the least that he is undertaking this activity. I'm sure he's pandering the religous right. The question is how much does he really believe in such a law and he fully concede that he may be a true believer in it.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, are we really at risk of losing our social fabric because of a rash of gay marriages?

[/ QUOTE ]

No and in actuality I believe a case could be made that it would actually strengthen our social fabric. If Bush pursues this vigorously he'll lose my vote.

Bush wants marriage reserved for heterosexuals (http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/30/bush.gay.marriage/index.html)

andyfox
07-31-2003, 12:28 PM
"in actuality I believe a case could be made that it would actually strengthen our social fabric."

I think we've found an issue all of us, liberals and conservatives, can finally agree on. What business is it of mine or yours of anyone else's accept the people involved if two men or two women want to get married? 50% of heterosexual marriages fail, why not try something else?

Bush may lose your vote, but I think he'd lose more votes if he said he was on the other side of the issue.