PDA

View Full Version : how do you play this?

Yeknom58
07-30-2003, 04:26 PM
3-6 online

2 limpers to me, I'm in MP with 66, I limp, button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: [6h Jh 10c]

Checked to me I bet, folded to button who raises, folded back to me I 3-bet, button calls. I suspect he's on some kind of draw either hearts or straight.

Turn: 3h
Great hearts got there.....

Here we go, I bet, he raises...super, I'm pretty sure he has hearts....I called.

River was a blank. I check called on the end to see his Kx hearts.

Did I play this ok? I wondering if I should have done anything differently.

lil'
07-30-2003, 04:31 PM
He played it fine. What could you do?

Do you really think there is anything you could have done differently?

Yeknom58
07-30-2003, 04:42 PM
I guess I should have asked a better question. His turn raise to me meant he had hearts. Lets say I'm 85% sure he has hearts I was wondering if I should have folded on the river when the board didn't pair.

Max Weinberg
07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
If you're 85% sure you're getting 11:1 to call the river on an approximately 6:1 shot that you're behind. I don't tend to do much river folding, but I think you can clearly fold here unless you think he was putting a move on you.

Mike
07-30-2003, 04:59 PM
If you're 85% sure you're beat on the river nothing wrong with folding. To use your thinking, you will lose 85 times and win 15 times.

Looking at your betting, your opponent may think you are holding a set or you are on a draw too. He must have decided his draw was the biggest draw - if he thought at all.

If you sense he's a little weak a turn raise may have won you the pot if he put you on a draw with the Ah, it's pretty high risk though.

onegymrat
07-30-2003, 08:26 PM
The only thing for sure is that most of us, poker students/addicts, would have played it exactly as you did. Nothing else would make sense. A fold on the river would have been fine also if you were pretty sure he made his flush. What was your read on him, if any? I would have made the river call also.

JTG51
07-31-2003, 01:53 AM
As a general rule of thumb, don't worry about ever folding a set heads up on the river. It will so rarely be correct that you are better off spending your brain power on more important things, like if you should go to the bathroom two hands before your blinds and try to make it back in time to pay them or if you should take a whole orbit off.

MrGo
07-31-2003, 05:54 AM
I would of played this the same way. I like your re-raise on the flop, Don't mess around with trips when there's 2 suited cards...make it expensive for him to hit.

baseball38
07-31-2003, 06:54 AM
since you suspected him for hearts and you are still trying to fill, then check the turn and call him down.

baseball 38 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Nottom
07-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Your math doesn't really add up here. If he thinks there its a 1 in 6 chance his opponent doesn't have the flush than getting 11-1 from the pot is an easy call.