PDA

View Full Version : Pussing out on the Turn?

Max Weinberg
07-30-2003, 04:19 PM
$2/4 online

Nothing remarkable about the table, only been sitting for 20 minutes or so.

I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and get cold-called by UTG+1 and a guy in MP.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, both call.

Turn comes K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, UTG+1 raises, MP cold-calls and I just call like a little girl.

River is the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, UTG+1 bets, MP calls, I call.

In retrospect I'm sure I should have three-bet the turn to put him to the JT or slow-played trips test, if it's capped I call and pray. That alone would have given me a better read on how to proceed on the river. I'll admit I was a little disconcerted at the raise and cold-call. So as the play stands, I call the turn praying to pair, and call the river getting a little over 12:1 odds.

Max Weinberg
07-30-2003, 07:34 PM
UTG+1 has KQo and the MP cold-caller had A8o. The play on UTG+1's part makes sense, raising when he hits his two-pair on the turn, but I can't remember the last time I've hit my kicker and gotten raised. So I just had a brain fart and went into call down mode stupidly thinking I was up against a monster.

onegymrat
07-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Close call...you have two opponents. I see one of them with J-10, and another with K-Q. I would have also just called the turn raise. I hope this has a good ending.

~Just saw the results. I had one of them right!. /images/graemlins/confused.gif What's up with the fool with A-8 calling to the end? He shouldn't have called your raise to begin with. Anyway, I still feel calling the turn raise was fine. The board screamed of a bad beat for you. Nice hand.

lil'
07-30-2003, 08:46 PM
I would re-raise, only because most of the hands that can beat you would have 3-bet you pre-flop. It's much more likely they have a worse 2-pair than you.