PDA

View Full Version : So I flopped Quads

Nottom
07-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Paradise SNG

Blinds are 10/20 I think but it really doesn't matter much to the story. I have one of the bigger stacks and I think 7 are still in.

I open limp from EP w/ JTs. 4 more join me and its 5 to the flop.

Flop is T T T.

Checked to me and I check. Button bets the min. Folded to me and I do what anyone would do and checkraise him for 50. He calls.

Turn - A

I bet 75, he raises all-in (around 800 or so), and I gleefully call.

He didn't have AA and hit a miracle river card so I of course take the pot.

Yet another reason why slowplaying is overrated.

cferejohn
07-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, I would argue that you did kind of slowplay with your smallish bets. Raising only 50 when the pot is 120? Betting 75 into a pot of over 200?

Congrats on extracting the max in any case (I assume he had an ace and put you on a pocket pair).

Copernicus
07-30-2003, 04:55 PM
How much slower could you get? Disconnect on purpose?

MikeyEdge
07-30-2003, 05:13 PM
>>>Flop is T T T. Checked to me and I check. Button bets the min. Folded to me and I do what anyone would do and checkraise him for 50. He calls.<<<

Why would you check raise him right there? Did you want him to fold? Were you afraid of a straight flush or something?

cferejohn
07-30-2003, 06:14 PM
I think because he didn't want him to think he had the ten. If someone check-raised you there, would you put them on a ten? I wouldn't. I'd put them on an ace or a small pocket pair. Risky of course since the guy may fold, but he's going to have to have something for you to get any action here anyway.