PDA

View Full Version : megaloose 3/6 raise/fold/raise/fold/raise/fold

bad beetz
07-30-2003, 02:06 PM
OK. So I went back to my old stomping grounds of Petaluma, CA to pick up some stuff and stopped by the place I first played poker at (Sonoma Joes). Christ that 3/6 game was good, I saw players not raise with the nuts on the river 3 times.

So here are some hands:

1. I fold the first three orbits. I get 99 UTG + 2 and raise a loose limper. Five take the flop of AKJo. checked around, somebondy bets the turn and I fold quick as can be. Two people thought I had pocket aces and were surprised.

2. I fold an orbit and get ATs UTG + 2. I raise. Six people call. Flop comes K-high rainbow I fold to UTG's bet.
People are getting annoyed that I made them pay two bets and then just fold like that.

3. Next hand I get KQo UTG and I raise, six cold callers.
Flop comes Ace high and I end up folding.

Here's the real hand:
4. I have A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB. two limps, button raises, all call.

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. My brain knows I should check-raise the field here, but it forgets that a bet is probably going to come from the button so I should bet out. But before it remembers, I've already check. doh! checked around. I put button on AK.

Turn brings 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet. two callers.

River brings A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check. Button excitedly bets. I check-raise. booyah.

5. I have AJs and raise UTG. 6 callers.

Flop comes J34 two hearts. bong.
I bet, one call, over aggressive guy raises, folded to me, I three bet, fold, guy caps. OK heart draw, set or two pair, (yes, J4 is possible).

Turn brings the K of hearts completing the flush. I make a questionable check-fold and get looks of discontent of the curious parties who folded earlier.

Yeknom58
07-30-2003, 02:51 PM
I liked think it's funny that you made it 2 bets then folded on the flop and the people were getting mad. Was it a bunch of old folks? I know the older folks really hate the PF raise. Funny stuff.

Oh and on that last hand he could have also had 5-6/A-2 for a open ended str draw, maybe you take one more shot at this pot.

lil'
07-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Heh heh heh...by the time you got to the K-Qo hand, did you really think raising was worth it? They so pissed they'll call you down with ace high now...

Nice check-raise on the river, BTW, in hand 4.

Nottom
07-30-2003, 03:36 PM
In hand 4, was he too passive to raise with just TPTK? You might have been able to pull off a nice 3-bet there.

Nice to see someone fold when the miss a flop. Wish I could do that.