PDA

View Full Version : Bush on Hussein and Al Qaeda

andyfox
07-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Bush:
At his press conference this morning, President Bush said that the United States must sort through "literally miles of documents" to learn the truth of whether Saddam's regime had ties to Al Qaeda.

I thought one of the reasons we went to war was because he did.

brad
07-30-2003, 02:00 PM
administration already at their fallback position of 'everything is so murky we can never be sure, if we dont act on cloudy intelligence there might be another 911'

if u just look at the direction of change in their arguments the truth is very evident just from that alone.

unfortunately although many bush minions are falling on their swords (tenet, maybe rice next) no power group can challenge bushes so hes here to stay.

andyfox
07-30-2003, 02:11 PM
I heard Bush at his press conference this morning. He said the critics who say Iran is next are wrong, though he's not excluding any possible solution, a peaceful one that leaves Iran nucularless is what he's after.

So the question is why were they so hellbent on getting rid of Hussein? My feeling is that many of them were involved in Bush 41's Gulf War and felt they let Hussein get away. Then Hussein apparently tried (according to Clinton) to assasinate Bush 41. So they made up their mind they wanted Hussein and 9/11 gave them the justification they needed.

BTW, what ever happened to Osama Bin Laden? You remember him, big guy with crazy ideas, dialysis machine. Shouldn't he be the ace of spades?

brad
07-30-2003, 02:24 PM
theres a quote of bush (pre 911) where he goes, f**k that, we're taking him out no matter what!

(something like,

question: if saddam fully complies will US forces be withrawn in part or full?

answer: f**k that, we're taking him out no matter what!
)

PNAC which im sure you know about call for invasion of iraq. pre 911.

ive seen newspaper articles where some other guy is named as mastermind of 911, not bin laden. heck they said finding bin laden was not a priority a week after bush said he was enemy #1 and US highest priority.

lets face it its all theater. remember, the reason the taliban wouldnt turn over bin laden (which US used as justification for invasion) was because US had *zero* evidence linking bin laden to 911.

p.s. im sure youve heard if not read (u seem to read a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) zignor brezinsky's (u know trilateral commission guy) book 'the grand chessboard' where he outlines this whole thing in the region (ie, oil).

Wake up CALL
07-30-2003, 02:53 PM
"lets face it its all theater. remember, the reason the taliban wouldnt turn over bin laden (which US used as justification for invasion) was because US had *zero* evidence linking bin laden to 911."

Sir, just exactly what planet are you living on? Did you miss the Bin Laden tape where he was rejoicing sending the good little Arabs to their death to destroy the WTC without their knowledge?

brad
07-30-2003, 02:59 PM
you realize that at least one tape was proven to be a fake and the rest were highly questionable dont u? (undoubtably theyre all fakes but only one was *proven* to be a fake)

i could probably make a halfway decent tape of you confessing to kidnapping the lindberg baby just with the stuff i have here at home. give me a multibillion dollar budget and i could get you convicted.

seriously is that the only evidence?

Wake up CALL
07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
"seriously is that the only evidence? "

Nope.

brad
07-30-2003, 03:10 PM
tell tell im not aware of any other.