PDA

View Full Version : Posting some of my own hands tonight:

curtains
12-31-2005, 02:54 AM
Make your best guess on what to do here without using SNGPT, please note that there is no big blind:

***** Hand History for Game 3287706793 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:18744496 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, December 30, 19:13:09 EDT 2005
Table Table 68785 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 1: tanlucas ( $6953 )
Seat 6: PkrStudent ( $1097 )
Seat 8: ILuvCurtains ( $1950 )
Trny:18744496 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
There is no Small Blind in this hand as the Big Blind of the previous hand left the table.
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ILuvCurtains [ Tc 8c ]
PkrStudent folds
ILuvCurtains ?

45suited
12-31-2005, 02:58 AM
fold

applejuicekid
I have no idea.

I guess push.

jgunnip
Since you posted this it makes me think that its slighty +EV, but I would say fold. It's a 215 so I would think big stack is competent and would put shorty all in here.

Although if shorty is the type of player that is going to fold an insane amount of hands here, there are players taht do, I may push this depending on my image and my read on the big stack.

curtains
12-31-2005, 03:00 AM
SORRY SORRY, I wrote it wrong, PkrStudent folded first to act. I changed it now

KingDan
12-31-2005, 03:08 AM
I think you can push this unless big stack is going to call with some random kings, q8 etc.

applejuicekid
12-31-2005, 03:14 AM
OK...I now say it is fold and am more confident in this answer.

Newt_Buggs
My guess is that it is very close and if I were in the game my indecision would be tilted either way based on whatever knowledge I had on the players.

ilya
I think this is a fold. But I'm guessing if the SB weren't dead it would be a very slightly profitable push.

caretaker1
12-31-2005, 03:17 AM
For the above reasons I would also guess fold.

The Yugoslavian
12-31-2005, 03:17 AM
How will the blinds hit next hand? Won't Hero be in the BB?

The way the hand appears in the thread makes it confusing to me exactly what is going on....

I dunno, I'm thinking push but I'm still confused about what the exact situation is.

Yugoslav

async
12-31-2005, 03:18 AM
Easy fold.

applejuicekid
12-31-2005, 03:18 AM
I think the hero will be the button again on the next hand with the chip leader in the SB and the short stack in the BB.

TheNoodleMan
12-31-2005, 03:19 AM
Am I the only one who is slightly less inclined to push a marginal holding on the first hand ITM? Seems like there are a lot of players that are relieved to be ITM and are much more willing to make a suspect call on the first ITM hand. Just thought, I have nothing to suport this theory whatsoever.

GtrHtr
12-31-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm doing this in the dark, ie grunch. Fold, I think you are in a great position to get HU, make plays to allow that to happen, this isn't one of them IMO.

caretaker1
12-31-2005, 03:24 AM
That's an interesting idea; haven't noticed it but I'll keep my eyes open.

GtrHtr
12-31-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who is slightly less inclined to push a marginal holding on the first hand ITM? Seems like there are a lot of players that are relieved to be ITM and are much more willing to make a suspect call on the first ITM hand. Just thought, I have nothing to suport this theory whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ITM play in most situations, requires a change of gears. Your goals become radically different and you need to maximize your opportunities to move up the food chain.

The Yugoslavian
12-31-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the hero will be the button again on the next hand with the chip leader in the SB and the short stack in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then folding is good.

Yugoslav

Paul Thomson
12-31-2005, 04:09 AM
i say it's a push only because it's suited. i think these are one of those situations that curtains recently discovered is a push if it's suited but a fold if it's not. but really i'm just guessing as to why curtains would want to post one of his own hands. in other words, I am writing a post about what motivates people to post....to clariy I'm drunk, but still think I'm right!!

curtains
12-31-2005, 04:13 AM
Not too exciting...I pushed, but its probably a fold. Sometimes I dont know the secrets in the dead SB spots. Im sure itd be a push if I paid a SB this hand.

The Yugoslavian
12-31-2005, 04:16 AM
paul,

What do you mean 'one of those situations that curtains recently discovered is a push if it's suited..'?!?

Also, just post what you think the best way to handle the situation is.....it's dumb to attempt to 'guess' an 'answer' based on who posted it....

Yes, I said it, it's dumb. The reason I bring it up is in a diff thread tonight curtains basically ended up posting nonsense - instead of his usual more decisive and/or to the point answer - mainly b/c he was on some level 3 or 4 'who posted this' thinking sh!t. It's retarded. We're not being scored on our advice and/or analysis....we're just trying to think about more hand situations and get better.

So just look at the damn hand and play it how you think it should be played given the information. If you have no idea, then don't post or say 'I have no idea.' Or I guess say something ridiculously hilarious ( /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) or post some hot chick ( /images/graemlins/blush.gif ).

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/2744785F3E0847419C35F21853E88835.jpg

Yugoslav

FlyWf
12-31-2005, 04:18 AM
That's not really true. You go from a 50/30/20/0 bubble to a 30/10/0 bubble, and the sort of "thank god I'm ITM calls" mentioned earlier are very bad ideas.

I'll go with fold on the curtains hand. Big stack will be quite loose, if you fold next hand shorty puts 1/3 of his stack in(I think, if I'm reading the HH wrong then never mind).

jgunnip
12-31-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Hmm...what the hell, I'd probably push now since I'm going to be in the BB next hand.

The Yugoslavian
12-31-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Hmm...what the hell, I'd probably push now since I'm going to be in the BB next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you? that's what I thought at first but applejuice said it wouldn't be the case.

Anyway, I somehow got confused about where the blinds would be next hand from curtains' original HH....I fold if I'm btn next hand I push if i'm BB next hand. I don't make my decision based upon second guessing why curtains chose this hand to post.

Yugoslav

curtains
12-31-2005, 04:28 AM
I am BB next hand of course.

jgunnip
12-31-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is something I also take into consideration sometimes, however I would think that "loosening up because I made the money" mindset is more in lines of what smaller stacks are thinking than bigger stacks. I don't think big stack is really loosening up his calling ranges here much.

The Yugoslavian
12-31-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am BB next hand of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think fold is best upon further analysis??

Hrrmmmm. Methinks those 300 chips will be handy since shorty is now going to have enough to keep pushing into you.

I'd like to know what ChrisV or gramps would do, actually.

Yugoslav

curtains
12-31-2005, 04:38 AM
Well I used SNGPT of course, hence my answer. Against normal calling range by BB its either breakeven or slightly -EV IMO.

Also if you are going to just assume that the SB will start playing well by pushing every SB, lets also assume that the Button will play well and push all buttons.

Snarf
12-31-2005, 04:57 AM
Is this a trick hand - looks awful famliar...

well I know how Phil Helmuth handled this hand...

If I thought the chip leader capable of folding most hands ther e- I push. I need the chips to fight the other short stack.

12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
With no BB, push into Bigstack for 150chips with T8s has to be marginal at best.

Big stack has no immediate inducement to call as he has no chips in play. Your winning the hand has no effect on him or the game. The status quo is maintained if he folds. In effect it is a "free hand".

Better from your point of view to look at the risk you're taking for just 150 chips. T8s is a middling hand, what will the BS call with ? I doubt he will be loose at all for the reasons I've given above.

You don't want a call, and big stack has little reason to make one unless he has a holding of some sort. Still, all this for 150 chips. I don't know.

12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With no BB, push into Bigstack for 150chips with T8s has to be marginal at best.

Big stack has no immediate inducement to call as he has no chips in play. Your winning the hand has no effect on him or the game. The status quo is maintained if he folds. In effect it is a "free hand".

Better from your point of view to look at the risk you're taking for just 150 chips. T8s is a middling hand, what will the BS call with ? I doubt he will be loose at all for the reasons I've given above.

You don't want a call, and big stack has little reason to make one unless he has a holding of some sort. Still, all this for 150 chips. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sidetracked me, into '10xbb answer', lol....
There is $300 in the pot....

12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
my dopey bad