PDA

View Full Version : How to play this AJo hand

JustGambler
12-31-2005, 12:36 AM
I am fairly new to Hold'em. Started paying 2 months ago after reading SSH.

Party 1/2 limit long hand.

Hero has <font color="red">AJo</font> in MP2. Villain is in CO.

<font color="blue">Pre-Flop</font> 2 limp, hero raises and CO 3 bets. All fold to Hero who calls. (9.5 SB)

<font color="blue">Flop</font> An Ace and 2 blnks flop. Hero bets, vallain raises and Hero calls (6.75 BB)

<font color="blue">Turn</font> Blank. Hero check calls. (8.75 BB)

<font color="blue">River</font> Blank. Hero check calls.

Did I play this hand correctly? Should I have folded on the flop raise or on the turn or river?

Thank you for your help.

12-31-2005, 12:48 AM
Any reads on villan? Lead out the turn . I see you ahead most of the time vs. an unknown.

Yako
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
You can play this hand WA/WB. So check/call flop, check/call turn, bet/fold river

12-31-2005, 01:48 AM
I would 3 bet the flop. If he caps, then I'd call and check/fold an unimproved turn.

If he calls the 3 bet on the flop, then bet the turn, and fold if he raises. Otherwise check/call the river

12-31-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can play this hand WA/WB. So check/call flop, check/call turn, bet/fold river

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like the perfect hand for this line. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JustGambler
12-31-2005, 12:41 PM
No read on the Villain. What does WA/WB stand for?

bozlax
12-31-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way Ahead/Way Behind...do a search.

I agree that this is WA/WB, but I'd alter the line to be a check/call on the river as well. I'd call it bet/fold if we had AK.

12-31-2005, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't raise AJo in a full ring game from MP, LP it's a raise otherwise call. Without reads on the villain, the rest of your play is fine.

bozlax
12-31-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise AJo in a full ring game from MP, LP it's a raise otherwise call. Without reads on the villain, the rest of your play is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the table, but if this one is as tight as the usual 1/2 online game, you're losing a fair amount by not raising in this situation.

12-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Poster hand for WA/WB.

River is definitely b/f.

JustGambler
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM
b/f and c/c on the river will cost me the same. Why would b/f on the river be better?

nomadtla
12-31-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
b/f and c/c on the river will cost me the same. Why would b/f on the river be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

They will call with many more hands then they will bet with, when they're given the option to check behind on this river, and they will check behind a lot on this river if we're ahead.
If they can raise you on this river they have you beat.

JustGambler
12-31-2005, 07:27 PM
I get it now. Thanks.

bozlax
12-31-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They will call with many more hands then they will bet with, when they're given the option to check behind on this river, and they will check behind a lot on this river if we're ahead.
If they can raise you on this river they have you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, as Hero began calling down after the flop raise. If he'd 3-bet and Villan had capped, then I think we're in a different boat, but Villan could easily raise KK/QQ/JJ on a board full of blanks.

milesdyson
12-31-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way Ahead/Way Behind...do a search.

I agree that this is WA/WB, but I'd alter the line to be a check/call on the river as well. I'd call it bet/fold if we had AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
no way we're bet folding AK here when only AA beats us and only 1 combination is even possible. we also should definitely attempt to get more bets in with AK before the river.