PDA

View Full Version : Preflop fold

12-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Does a better player fold this hand here? If so, what kings do you call with? and what aces?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 4 BB

TMFS9
12-30-2005, 09:43 PM
IMO that's a pretty awful preflop call, unless you catch your miracle flop there really isn't a whole lot of flops that you will like and then you always have to worry about domination. I would much rather 75o than 65o in your position. As far as your question I would probably go KTo+, and A8o+.

12-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the berating-but helpful-response.

KramerTM
12-30-2005, 10:23 PM
I like a call A LOT better if CO and SB fold. Them calling ahead of you makes this a super-easy fold.

wackjob
12-31-2005, 01:53 AM
This should be an easy PF fold. Just because you are getting good odds on your money does not mean you are likely to be totally dominated and need a miracle flop to be able to continue or win.

As the other poster said, a hand like 810 or some small suited or even connected cards are much better to call with.. if you miss you dump, when you hit, you will win a big pot usually. Small-medium suited or just connected cards here will do much better than a big broadway with no kicker.

Kyle
12-31-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO that's a pretty awful preflop call, unless you catch your miracle flop there really isn't a whole lot of flops that you will like and then you always have to worry about domination. I would much rather 75o than 65o in your position. As far as your question I would probably go KTo+, and A8o+.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said