PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat after bad beat.

scythide
07-30-2003, 06:41 AM
I'm sorry about posting my bad beats but I really just need to relieve some of this frustration.

Couple of hands from Party 5/10 6max HE:

First bad beat

I have K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB
UTG raises, button calls, I reraise, UTG caps, button and I call.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out, UTG raises, button calls, I reraise, all just call. Right now I'm putting UTG on a mid-high pair, but not aces since he didn't cap.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, UTG raises, button finally folds, and I just call.

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check-call and lose the pot to 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Frustrating.

Insert a few hands where I have top pair/kicker and get rivered by the flush.

Insert a hand where I have QQ, raise preflop and the flop comes AKx.

Another detailed hand

I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif some time later in the CO.

UTG calls, I raise, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop comes: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

River: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB wakes up, bets out, UTG calls, and I make a call (maybe I should have raised).

BB takes the pot with the wonderful J /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Thank you please may I have another

This next hand isn't much of a bad beat, but it was still very frustrating.

I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the CO.
UTG+1 posted BB and a dead SB. UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, I reraise to isolate, button cold calls 3 bets, and UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 bets out, I reraise, button folds, UTG+1 reraises, I just call.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 bets, I just call (I was thinking he might have AK or a set)

River: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I call his bet, and he shows T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped straight.

One more for the road...

Very next hand I get K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in UTG+1.

I only have $37 left at this point.

UTG calls, I raise, all call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I already know I'm behind, but I only have $27 left I figure I'm going to gun this one and hope to fill up.

SB bets, BB calls, UTG raises, I reraise, button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG caps, SB and I call.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, UTG bets, I go all in for $7, SB calls.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I detach myself from the game and just accept the fact that if for some reason someone did not flop the flush, they now have one. SB checks, UTG checks.

UTG takes the pot down with the flopped flush T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped straight. I lose to the same person with the same hand (T8) to hands he made on the flop twice in a row.

And to think, I was thinking of leaving the game early when I was up $27, since it was past my bedtime.

scythide
07-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. I made quad 7s one hand with 4 other people in the pot and nobody calls my flop bet. I just ended up losing another handful of hands with AQ, AJ, QQ to 64, 85, etc. All played outside of the blinds. I don't think I've had this many beats in a long time, so I'm taking a break from online poker.

King_J
08-01-2003, 05:25 AM
I donīt consider your beats as bad beats. I guess you havenīt been playing poker so long online. Because beats happens all the time.

Come back when you lose with a good hand.

AeonBlues
08-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Those are some tough beats, but pretty run of the mill for holdem. Some days are just pathetic. Any draw, or 3 outs in the world will beat me. Sometimes I go on these losing streaks that last for days on end, and challange my poker self esteme. But ummm, man man those 5-10 6max games on Party are like milk and honey.

Oh my god child.... I've been playing NL. I make reall good money playing the NL games. But you have to think so much in those games. The 5-10 games, I just have to run my basic short handed game, and the suckers are just donating their money to me. MANNN

Anyway, you can expect some horrific days at those stakes, don't be suprised, when you drop 700 - 1k in 1 Really bad day at 5-10

AeonBlues

Jackdaw
08-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Sorry these just aren't that bad.
Try losing with aces full to quad tens (made on turn and river)
THAT's a bad beat (close to 1000-1)