PDA

View Full Version : Mini-raisers!

45suited
12-30-2005, 03:47 PM
This hand really bothered me after the game. It was the FIRST of a string of mini-raises by this guy. Had he mini-raised previously, I would have pushed.

I usually respond to button mini-raisers with aggression, but here I froze up knowing that he would be correct to call with anything.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t1840)
CO (t2175)
Button (t1740)
Hero (t810)
BB (t1435)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

jb9
12-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Min raises are annoying. I got flustered by this one (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4310527&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post 4310527).

I think I fold here too as it is the first time he's done it. I might spite re-raise from big blind though, but I think I'm on metatilt right now, so I wouldn't trust my judgment...

Dr_Jeckyl_00
12-30-2005, 04:26 PM
stop n go /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phill S
12-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Actually, id have stop and goed here too.

12-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Do you think BB will fold getting 5:1 on a chance to increase his stack by, at least, 75%?

ZeroPointMachine
12-30-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand really bothered me after the game. It was the FIRST of a string of mini-raises by this guy. Had he mini-raised previously, I would have pushed.

I usually respond to button mini-raisers with aggression, but here I froze up knowing that he would be correct to call with anything.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

UTG (t1840)
CO (t2175)
Button (t1740)
Hero (t810)
BB (t1435)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t300</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO pulling the trigger right here is one of the hardest things to do while multi-tabling.

When he does it for the first time, and I don't really have any other info to go on because I havn't been able to watch his play enough,I find myself folding more than I should here.

Today, I've decided to error on the other side and see how it goes.

Min-raisers Beware!!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Given what you know now? Easy push.

But I probably wouldn't have pushed here either if it was the guy's first mini-raise.

pergesu
12-30-2005, 06:46 PM
How has this guy played to this point? Usually when someone min raises in a situation like this it means they don't have a good understanding of how to play SNGs. They think, "Oh it folded to me, I'm supposed to try to steal" and min raise. Yeah, he's correct to call a push, but a lot of the time will fold it anyway. In spots like this, pushing is the rule rather than the exception for me, and I make a note of this hand.

12-30-2005, 06:55 PM
I push when the button or sb minraises my BB as a default as well as long as my table image is non-maniac. However, I've gotten trapped this way more than a few times when they realize I will push about 50% of the time when the blinds get serious. So, is pushing over the top of a minraise exploitable? What about calling an SBs minraise? This seems to set me up many times for a stop-and-go which I can't call. Basically, I don't really know what to do with a constant minraiser. Maybe I should start using it....

Nick M
12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Just looking at the stacks, the blinds, and the extra 150 in the bb, I don't think you can fold here. I wouldn't call though. I think you need to gamble. hmmmmm you might have some Preflop FE too, it's close.

AA suited
12-30-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push when the button or sb minraises my BB as a default as well as long as my table image is non-maniac. However, I've gotten trapped this way more than a few times when they realize I will push about 50% of the time when the blinds get serious. So, is pushing over the top of a minraise exploitable? What about calling an SBs minraise? This seems to set me up many times for a stop-and-go which I can't call. Basically, I don't really know what to do with a constant minraiser. Maybe I should start using it....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've been trapped about 1/3 the time by going over the top of a min raiser.

i usually will do a stop n go unless i pair the flop, then i check raise all in.