PDA

View Full Version : Triple Outdraw Hand

ElSapo
07-30-2003, 02:40 AM
By my count, the lead on this hand changed places three times. Bummer, since I was odd-man out, so to speak.
Anyways, I just want to know if anyone plays this dramatically different. Maybe I overplayed it, but...

I get JJ in MP. Folded to me, I raise. Only the blinds (both) call.

Flop comes a most-predictable AdTc6s.

SB checks and BB bets. I've been folding here, but lately I feel like people are betting out when an ace flops just to take a shot. And maybe a raise will fold a weak ace.
No, I'm not sure I believe that a weak ace will fold -- not here (Party 2/4). None the less, I raise. Both blinds call.

Turn is a sweet Js. SB checks again, BB bets, I raise. Now SB springs to life and three-bets. BB calls two and I cap it.

Turn is the 3s. SB bets, BB folds, I raise, SB three-bets and I start to suspect AA. I call. Actually, I
began to suspect AA on the turn, but...

I call. He takes it down with the nut flush, AsTs. Flopped two pair, turned the flush draw on my Js and got there on the river.

Large, large, oh so large pot. I go 45 degrees off for three hands until I catch myself and quit.

Did I overplay this? Fold the flop? Anyone not cap the turn? Just call the river?

Blah blah blah, I outdrew him, he outdrew me, what am I griping about...

mobes
07-30-2003, 02:44 AM
I would have played it the same...just one of those hands that sucks.....at least he had 2 pair and the nut draw and not 2 rag spades.

ElSapo
07-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Frustrating hand. Two hours earlier I would have folded the flop...

onegymrat
07-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Sapo,
That sucks. I would have played it exactly as you, no doubt at all. It's one of those hands that make you want to quit the game...for about a minute or two. Let this one go, nothing you could have done different or need to worry more about.

Dynasty
07-30-2003, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two hours earlier I would have folded the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then a much bigger problem may be that you aren't consistently playing your A-game. I don't know if your A-game means folding on the flop or seeing the turn card. But, it seems very unlikely that it is both at different times.

ElSapo
07-31-2003, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then a much bigger problem may be that you aren't consistently playing your A-game. I don't know if your A-game means folding on the flop or seeing the turn card. But, it seems very unlikely that it is both at different times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree. If I feel like people are starting to take shots when an ace flops, and react accordingly, then it seems I'm playing situations one by one. Not that I'm always making the right decision (most definitely not), but that there is reasoning behind each decision made.

Having a set response and never straying from it seems much more a recipe for disaster than something to champion as right play.

I can't imagine it's always right to raise with your underpair. I can't imagine it's always right to fold in that situation either.

You seem to be saying there is one right play for each situation. Or perhaps I misunderstand.