PDA

View Full Version : How are these stats? (Getting my but kicked online small limits)

thwang99
07-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Now that the tables on party are a little tighter, combined with my bad luck, I'm getting my butt kicked (I lost 4 nut flopped hands today, 3 sets and a nut straight) in the course of an hour!

My stats are:

Hands played: 193
Hands Won: 1%
Showdowns won: 32%

Flops seen: 19%

From these statistics, am I calling the river too much? Too tight? People seem to say 6-7% hands won is a good target. I'm starting to suspect it's not the cards, since I've been steadily losing for the past 3 weeks. Thanks!

- Tony

Your Mom
07-30-2003, 12:19 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I am down $500 in the last 4 days playing 2/4 and 3/6.

Stu Pidasso
07-30-2003, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hands Won: 1%

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang in there, I suspect you have bottomed out and things will start improving soon.

Stu

NoChance
07-30-2003, 12:41 AM
My stats for the last two days:

Hands played: 807
Hands Won: 4%

Flops seen: 22%
Flop Wins: 19%

My problem thee last two days is only getting good cards when in early position. If I bet most call and usually about two chase me to the river and beat me with a rivered straight or something. In this situation I can't get a read on them because I was doing the betting. If I don't bet then I end up with more callers on the river which makes it even worse. The cards will change. Usually I am between 7-9% for a win percent. Had pocket aces tonight UTG and raised. Ended up getting beat by trip 8s. The guy stayed on 86o. <shrugs> You tell me. I told him nice hand, keep up the good work.

The cards can't stay this way forever.

thwang99
07-30-2003, 02:54 AM
I sure hope so...

Just played 157 hands, and won TWO hands...

Playing tight, too! Seeing 18% of my flops. I sure hope this bottom ends soon!

thwang99
07-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Warning: WHINING POST AHEAD

I'm going to cry. I feel so frustrated. Playing a 3/6 table, and down $200, I literally won one hand in 2 hours at this table (online table to twice as fast as B&M).

I fold fold fold and raise preflop with these hands (these are the ONLY hands I played out of the blinds), which ALL lose:

AK AQ KK AQ AK AK AK KQd KQs

I floped a pair to AK twice, and both times lost. Every other time nothing. KK up against AA the other time. I don't know if you can understand how incredibly frustrating this is. Played several hours and won $100 (I know, a measly hundred) only to lose it all and more. I'm just kicking dirt the past 2 weeks, I'm almost afraid to just play. I just know I'll lose, it's like.

- Tony

thwang99
07-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Ok, three hands versus aggressive winning player.

AQo for me, 27o for aggro, cap PF, flop 2xx, turn x, river x, he wins.

Then AK for me, flop K58, I bet, he raises. Turn Q, river a 6, he shows 47o.

Then TJs for me. Flop Td9s8s. He has K7d. Capped on the flop. Turn Ad, capped again (a third person in also). River a diamond!

He doubled his stack in 30 minutes playing almost every hand very aggressively. Anyways, this is enough, I'm quiting poker. Good luck everyone!
- Tony

leon
07-30-2003, 06:44 AM
Well, I wouldn't call this guy an overall winning player if he's capping with 27o preflop. He might be a SHORT TERM winner but this means nothing.

It sounds like you are really starting to come unraveled and I would take a break for some time to get your emotions in check. Nothing is going to frustrate you more than playing only good cards and seeing them cracked. So your idea of a break is a good one.

If you come back I'd actually play looser in these games, b/c your goal is not so much to play HU or against a small number of opponents with premium cards, but rather to take advantage of huge numbers of callers and fish. To that end, you're going to want to loosen up a little and play pocket pairs and suited connectors more liberally. Of course, loosening up is the last advice I'd want to give someone in the middle of a losing streak who is getting his ass handed to him, so again, take a break for now. Come back when the idea of 9 players seeing the flop in a capped pot, with you holding AA, is an exciting rather than a miserable prospect.

For what it's worth, about 1 yr ago I hit a 100BB losing streak at 10/20 and 20/40. Nothing I did seemed to matter. I survived and am a better player for it. So hang in there and maybe you'll pull out of this. It's just money after all. You can always make more. Good luck

Leon

archmagi
07-30-2003, 07:11 AM
I find it helps to stop playing for a couple of days, rather than going on tilt at times like these.
Playing small limits you will have bad beats, but when you take so many it's difficult not to tilt.
Go take a rest, come back in a few days...

MaxPower
07-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Tony,

I assume you don't play for a living, so why don't you just stop playing for a month or so. It doesn't sound like you are having much fun.

Use the time to make Pokerstat work with Party.

kiddo
07-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Winning 4-5% is really bad.
Winning 1% is a joke.

I cant remember last time I hated a person. But I remember 2 days ago when I hated poker: runner-runner flush, runner-runner straight, everything possible.

If u aint on tilt there is no good advice to get. Its like that guy who was struck by lightning 7 times. Who could tell him there wasnt an 8th waiting for him?

thwang99
07-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Hi MaxPower,

Yes, I plan on making PokerStat for PartyPoker. I want to see what my win rate really is, and what I'm losing/winning with. I'll probably buy pokertracker (gasp!) /images/graemlins/wink.gif in the meantime. Thanks Max!

- Tony

richie
07-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Now that is a great idea. Bad streaks happen; take a break and work on Pokerstat instead. Clear your mind, at this point you are beaten psychologically anyway. It's hard to play when you are scared--I know, I been there way too many times. Then, come back to the tables with a clear perspective.

TBone
07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
I've never used PokerStat, but I think PokerTracker is highly worth the $25 investment.

Hang in there man--things will turn around, but mentally you're hosed right now. In my brief experience with the game, I've concluded that mental toughness is an absolute requirement to playing. Rest up, and come back firing.

T

Huh
07-31-2003, 12:11 AM
I would say you are running bad, but you haven't even gotten close yet. 193 hands is a blip. Seeing 19% flops means, at low limits, you are most of the way there....You are playing tight. At low limits you don't need much more to show a profit.

1% win rate is pretty horrible. Without seeing some hand examples it is difficult to see if you are doing anything wrong, but I suspect this is just a bad run of cards.

-=Huh

TBone
07-31-2003, 02:13 AM
BTW,

rharless tells me today that you wrote PokerStat. My apologies for recommending another product. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll be sure to download PokerStat as well.

And if you need development help....see rharless! She can code like a madman! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

T